Ian Anderson - Homo Erraticus

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard it yesterday the first time.
The mix is very good, but I have to say I like the old Jethro Tulls more.
Music for older people... :)

For me it is an intermission, before the highlights will arrive. (Yes, Soundgarden, Opeth.....)

I heard it yesterday the first time.
The mix is very good, but I have to say I like the old Jethro Tulls more.
Music for older people... :)

For me it is an intermission, before the highlights will arrive. (Yes, Soundgarden, Opeth.....)

There's many a good tune played on an old flute! ;)

My deluxe version arrived on Monday, complete with signed postcard! So far I've listened to the album four times (only in stereo so far) and it was only the last time that it really started to hook me. It really is a grower. The previous listens had me comparing a lot of the tunes to TAAB2 and earlier solo albums. Perhaps this is a deliberate choice rather than a lack of any new tunes. I'll try to listen in surround this evening if possible. Going to see it performed live on 29th April.

I haven't seen the single disc DVD-A (as seen at Burning Shed) at Amazon.com yet. Or am I missing it with poor navigation? Thanks.

I received a signed postcard with the deluxe edition.
Anderson-signedpostcard.jpg

I appear to have one of the rare unsigned cards.

Nice surround mix just had a first listen, Jakko certainly is becoming the person to go to when Steven is not around, 5.1 mixer and long may it last, and not bad for a DTS surround mix.

I quite like the album maybe a few more listens first before going to the vote. assuming we will have a poll for this.

Most certainly an album that grows on you. Gets better with every listen. Surround sound is fabulous with the swirling keyboards & guitar in the rear channels. Ryan O’Donnell answering back in the rear channels takes on a new dimension. 5.1 is a winner here.

So overwhelmed by the surround sound I've been a scatter-brain since absorbing this - :D

In the latest newsletter from Burnign Shed a tour editionnis announced,

Special CD/DVD-V tour edition of the acclaimed hit album from Jethro Tull frontman Ian Anderson.

Featuring the exclusive videos to each album track, as seen at the shows (and set to hi-resolution 24 bit stereo audio), the dvd also includes a live performance of Enter The Uninvited and interview footage with Ian discussing the live visuals.

Pre-order for 22nd September release.

A pity those screen films were not included in the deluxe edition but thats the way it goes.

image.jpg

The final copies of the deluxe edition are discounted btw, so grab that change if you want this.

Went to the concert and, in my opinion, the screen films are low-budget, low-quality, not really worthy

This is really well done; no compression, nice mixes, just a shame it's 16 bit. DTS 24/96 would of been perfect.

This is really well done; no compression, nice mixes, just a shame it's 16 bit. DTS 24/96 would of been perfect.

???

I assume its at least a 24/48 source encoded to DTS...

I'll check when I get home..

Back