Ian Anderson - Homo Erraticus

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The super-deluxe is enticing, but I think I might hold on for just a bit until this gets cleared up.

http://www.amazon.com/Homo-Erraticus-Collectors-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/B00IN3XWKQ/

Decided to go ahead and preorder this on amazon, rather than pay the enormous shipping charges to get it from overseas, as I'm not even sure how interested I am in this album yet. "Thick as a Brick 2" was pretty good, but the original album's 5.1 mix, along with "Benefit" have gotten a LOT more spins over the past 2 years than TAAB2. I'd so wish they would release Steven Wilson's 5.1 mix of "A Passion Play" earlier in the year, rather than later.

http://www.amazon.com/Homo-Erraticus-Collectors-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/B00IN3XWKQ/

Decided to go ahead and preorder this on amazon, rather than pay the enormous shipping charges to get it from overseas, as I'm not even sure how interested I am in this album yet. "Thick as a Brick 2" was pretty good, but the original album's 5.1 mix, along with "Benefit" have gotten a LOT more spins over the past 2 years than TAAB2. I'd so wish they would release Steven Wilson's 5.1 mix of "A Passion Play" earlier in the year, rather than later.

WTF???:mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@:

Price: $70.00

Yiipeessss! U must be on crack.

:( :( :(

Can one of you uber-rich & uber-handsome gents(I'm thinkin bout FredBlu) give me this for my birthday?;)

I know we have done the "high price" discussion around here, but this pricing for a solo record is kinda crazy. How many will IA sell at this price?

P.S. I am with RT, I'd much rather have Passion Play as soon as possible.

P.S. II. -edit- a comment from a chap on Amazon.com:
"$70 bucks ... For a puffed up collection off underdeveloped ideas that did not make it into the TAAB2 album ... For the first time, I have to say, enough is enough Ian - for God's sake. "

WTF???:mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@:

Price: $70.00

Yiipeessss! U must be on crack.

:( :( :(

Can one of you uber-rich & uber-handsome gents(I'm thinkin bout FredBlu) give me this for my birthday?;)

I know we have done the "high price" discussion around here, but this pricing for a solo record is kinda crazy. How many will IA sell at this price?

P.S. I am with RT, I'd much rather have Passion Play as soon as possible.

That price is for the special 4 disc collectors edition. On Amazon UK the 2 disc edition (cd + surround sound dvd) is a very reasonable £10.68. I haven't checked what price this is on Amazon.com.

Yes I think the dvd contents are:

DVD-V:
Audio - DTS 5.1 Surround mixes + 24/48 LPCM
Video - CREATIONS - the making of Homo Erraticus

Fair enough. although I do not welcome DTS or Dolby Digital, 11 pounds is good value for a fine 5.1 discrete mix. And I will buy a "compressed 5.1 mix" if that is all that is available. I have Thick As A Brick and I love that to death. :banana:

Burning Shed sent me a heads up that this has posted !

Hopefully it will sail over that pond rather quickly. :smokin

CD & DVD preordered @ BurningShed. Previously mentioned differences in timing between 2.0 and 5.1 is interesting...

I'm working from home and the Deluxe version has just arrived. 2 CDs & 2 DVDs in a cloth-backed book, slightly smaller than an LP. With luck I'll listen to it this afternoon as I write a document!
IanAnderson_HomoErraticus-1 (1280x960).jpg IanAnderson_HomoErraticus-2 (1280x960).jpg IanAnderson_HomoErraticus-3 (1280x960).jpg
IanAnderson_HomoErraticus-4 (1280x960).jpg IanAnderson_HomoErraticus-5 (1280x960).jpg IanAnderson_HomoErraticus-6 (1280x960).jpg
IanAnderson_HomoErraticus-7 (1280x960).jpg

From a first listen its a good album better than TAAB2 IMHO. There is LPCM stereo, and DTS 5.1 on the main DVD, its a shame no 5.1 LPCM. The liner notes say that as SW was ill, it was mixed by Jakko Jaksyk, and it is up to his usual high standard. You're nicely surrounded with some interesting lead guitar movement which adds rather than detracts from the music (so looking forward to the next batch of ELP). Vocals use the centre mainly with bleed into the fronts so it doesn't sound unnatural. I like it. :)

That deluxe package looks fantastic.
I should have gone that route.

Thanks for the pix. :smokin

From a first listen its a good album better than TAAB2 IMHO. There is LPCM stereo, and DTS 5.1 on the main DVD, its a shame no 5.1 LPCM. The liner notes say that as SW was ill, it was mixed by Jakko Jaksyk, and it is up to his usual high standard. You're nicely surrounded with some interesting lead guitar movement which adds rather than detracts from the music (so looking forward to the next batch of ELP). Vocals use the centre mainly with bleed into the fronts so it doesn't sound unnatural. I like it. :)

Did you get the signed postcard Duncan?

Back