Super HiRez DSD Titles from Mobile Fidelity?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Alas, stereo again, right?

I suppose I could create a stereo SACD section, but really, this is a surround sound place. If there is enough interest, I will do it, but I have to tell you. I get PMs from many members who do not like the fact that stereo SACDs are discussed in the "SACD Multi-Channel Discussion" forum.

I really would like some forum input on this subject from the membership. This thread might be a good place to start that discussion, respectfully of course.

Personally, I'd prefer we focus on surround. And I agree that I don't like when stereo stuff is discussed in a multi-channel discussion. Mainly because I like to use the forum as a resource for info on surround and a heads up about any new surround stuff coming out. There are a few sections that deal with non-surround stuff. If folks want it bad enough I guess it could have it's own category. Stereo SACD or DVD-Audio or Dualdisc is just not something I'm interested in purchasing. Just my 2 cents.

A 2 channel SACD area would be great. There aren't enough multi-channel releases to talk about except old stuff from years ago and how hard it is to get them now. SH is more redbook and vinyl oriented and sa-cd.net doesn't have much activity. So, let's put it here.

A 2 channel SACD area would be great. There aren't enough multi-channel releases to talk about except old stuff from years ago and how hard it is to get them now. SH is more redbook and vinyl oriented and sa-cd.net doesn't have much activity. So, let's put it here.

I agree with cupboy on a 2 Channel SACD area in addition to this one.

How about a non-surround hi-res area where we could have discussions of hi-res mono or stereo SACD, DVDa, DVD video, downloads etc.- in other words, not limited to SACDs.

Speaking for myself, the hi-res aspect is almost as much a part of SACD and DVDa's appeal to me as is the surround experience, so it makes sense to me to have the option to discuss music that shares either or both of those attributes on this forum.

How about a non-surround hi-res area where we could have discussions of hi-res mono or stereo SACD, DVDa, DVD video, downloads etc.- in other words, not limited to SACDs.

Speaking for myself, the hi-res aspect is almost as much a part of SACD and DVDa's appeal to me as is the surround experience, so it makes sense to me to have the option to discuss music that shares either or both of those attributes on this forum.

I have decided to create this SACD sub-forum for stereo releases.

We already have the "Music Matters" section for other stereo stuff, like LPs, DVD-V's, etc. The SACD format deserves a sub-forum of it's own because there are still many stereo SACDs and DSD Downloads coming down the pike. Most new DVD-A releases are 5.1, and DVD-V's, in fact, do have their own section here.

So, that's the deal. Hope it makes at least SOME of you happy...... :(

If, by some miracle, a place like HD Tracks decides to sell downloads of 5.1 music, I would probably create a 5.1 download section as well. But for now, we'll keep those DSD Downloads in the SACD area.

Personally, I'd prefer we focus on surround. And I agree that I don't like when stereo stuff is discussed in a multi-channel discussion. Mainly because I like to use the forum as a resource for info on surround and a heads up about any new surround stuff coming out. There are a few sections that deal with non-surround stuff. If folks want it bad enough I guess it could have it's own category. Stereo SACD or DVD-Audio or Dualdisc is just not something I'm interested in purchasing. Just my 2 cents.
100% agree. I don't care at all about Stereo.

If, by some miracle, a place like HD Tracks decides to sell downloads of 5.1 music, I would probably create a 5.1 download section as well. But for now, we'll keep those DSD Downloads in the SACD area.

There are some download sites selling 5.1 music including:
  • Channel Classics - 5.0 and 5.1 Channel DSD Downloads - Classical Music (Worldwide)
  • David Elias - 5.0 and 5.1 Channel DSD Downloads - Acoustic Music + Vocals (Worldwide)
  • eOnkyo - 5.0 and 5.1 Channel FLAC and DXD Downloads - All Types of Music (Worldwide)
  • iTrax - 5.0 and 5.1 Channel FLAC and DTS - All Types of Music (U.S.)
  • HD Klassik - 5.0 and 5.1 Channel FLAC and DSD Downloads - Classical Music (Europe only)
  • Native DSD.Com - 5.0 and 5.1 Channel DSD Downloads - All Types of Music (Worldwide)

So you could have a 5.1 DSD Downloads area under SACD and a 5.1 FLAC/PCM Downloads area under DVD-A. Up to you.

As to HD Tracks, they are owned by the Chesky brothers. So they do have access to a catalog of Multichannel music.
We will see if and when they move in that direction.

I truly care about stereo and mono, too. Sure, I wish EVERYTHING were available in surround. If you care about music at all, you care about stereo. What I'm hearing is something like: "I love Frank Zappa, but I only listen to Quaudiopheliac, Halloween, Apostrophe and Overnite Sensation." I take this to mean that all non-surround titles by FZ are pure crap, both musically and sonically, simply because they aren't available in surround. :mad:@: Are all Beatles albums worthless other than Love?

It's great to have a 2ch SACD thread. It was very naiive to create an SACD thread and expect no one to mention that they bought a stereo SACD, especially in light of the dearth of surround titles. Based upon past experience, don't expect that everyone will adhere to this, anymore than DVD-V albums never being posted in the DVD-A thread. Schmidt happens. Hopefully, people will find and embrace the 2ch SACD thread, as well as use it as a resource. Those who have no interest can bypass it.

Sure, this is a surround forum. That's why most, including me, are here. Once again, I maintain that I'd much rather listen to Bessie Smith or Tampa Red on mono 78's (or transfers made from them) than I would some trite BS in Quad. If the music doesn't matter, then I suggest we listen to white noise in 5.1.

100% agree. I don't care at all about Stereo.

...and it was in print in all formats for 20 minutes...
images.jpeg

there's already a surround disc for that...I think it's from Lou Reed..

Back