Aretha's Gold Stereo SACD In Stock

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The long-awaited Aretha's Gold Stereo SACD from Mobile Fidelity came out last week via Music Direct, Mobile Fidelity's parent company and is now available via Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc.
Looking forward to this one.

Arethas Gold MoFi.jpg
Aretha's Gold - Aretha Franklin (Mobile Fidelity Hybrid Stereo SACD UDSACD-2142)

Not only great music (in stereo, no official mono ever released though it could easily have been assembled) but issued at just about the time she began to slip a little from some very lofty heights, recording and putting out singles that weren't so strong as the 1967-68 Atlantic beauties.

ED :)

I read on another forum that there is a booklet included with this MFSL release. A bit unusual for them these days.

I'd have bought this already but need to save up for a bunch of SHM SACDs coming out on March 26, including the Carpenters multi-channel (woops, am I allowed to talk about multi-channel here?) Singles.

Not only great music (in stereo, no official mono ever released though it could easily have been assembled) but issued at just about the time she began to slip a little from some very lofty heights, recording and putting out singles that weren't so strong as the 1967-68 Atlantic beauties.

The early Aretha albums were classics. The songs, the singing and the backing band. Wow.
Looking forward to the arrival of the SACD !

Wow is right, Brian...and she had already proven with her Columbia output that she was a great singer, it was just a matter of finding the right people (as Streisand did, at least for a few years, 1969-72) to make her more than just a 'great singer' but seem not only relevant but needed--as if we couldn't live without her).

Kudos to Rob LoVerde at Mobile Fidelity for his mastering work on the Aretha's Gold SACD. Classics like "Respect" and "Baby I Love You" really grab you on the new SACD disc.
As to the booklet, it's basically pictures from the original album. I was looking for some liner notes as well - but the sonics on this one make it a worthwhile purchase.

Back