Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just going to add that to my post(y)...and yet discs like this just sit on my shelf..maybe that's why I love them so much..:) I don't get burnt out on them

True - sometimes, things sit on the shelf because we truly just don't care for them so much.....the other reason is because we simply have so much music...and our mood changes from time to time...and we only have so much time in the day...we just don't listen.

Some of the discs I love the most....may sit for months and months....without me listening. But I would never, ever get rid of them.

True - sometimes, things sit on the shelf because we truly just don't care for them so much.....the other reason is because we simply have so much music...and our mood changes from time to time...and we only have so much time in the day...we just don't listen.

Some of the discs I love the most....may sit for months and months....without me listening. But I would never, ever get rid of them.

That's one of the reasons that the Fleetwood Mac surround discs are still "fresh" for me...I didn't keep playing them over the years...I moved on to other music..I'm glad I did..

Pretty soon you and Clint and especially me will have to find bigger houses and storage to support our 'habit.' I also have an incredible movie collection and now NETFLIX which commands most of my time and let's face it, Blu Ray and now UHD 4K with mostly superb LOSSLESS soundtracks cost less than a MoFi or AP Stereo SACD. :yikes

Pretty soon you and Clint and especially me will have to find bigger houses and storage to support our 'habit.' I also have an incredible movie collection and now NETFLIX which commands most of my time and let's face it, Blu Ray and now UHD 4K with mostly superb LOSSLESS soundtracks cost less than a MoFi or AP Stereo SACD. :yikes

I used to really get into movies (back in the 90's)
Right now..for whatever reason, I just cannot get into any movies, series, etc. I simply do not watch television. I honestly bet I turn on the TV about once every month! :yikes
Everything else is music or internet news.

That's one of the reasons that the Fleetwood Mac surround discs are still "fresh" for me...I didn't keep playing them over the years...I moved on to other music..I'm glad I did..
This.
These albums, Fleetwood Mac & Rumours, were ubiquitous during my college years. I heard them enough in that I didn't ever feel the need to buy them.
Beside at the time I preferred the original band & the subsequent versions, had all those albums and liked playing them for people who had no idea.
Like Boston. Never bought that album. I do still like More Than a Feelin' but back in the day it was like 1967 and Sgt Pepper or 71' and Stairway to Heaven.
I still love Zep but for a number of years I didn't care if I ever heard STH ever again.
The Sound City version on the remasters is definitive.

Right now..for whatever reason, I just cannot get into any movies, series, etc. I simply do not watch television. I honestly bet I turn on the TV about once every month! :yikes

I so agree, GOS. I'll take music over TV any day. Except for LA Kings hockey games; my only sports weakness.

Just got this today and am listening to it now

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

I'm getting that way too. So much good surround music out there now.

Intervention records ”sonic goal is that each record we do must be the single definitive, final version of that album, the one real music lovers will seek out”. Kevin Gray mastered, how is it? I am a bit curious, a competitor to MFSL maybe which I believe play around too much with brightness on some releases.

Intervention records ”sonic goal is that each record we do must be the single definitive, final version of that album, the one real music lovers will seek out”. Kevin Gray mastered, how is it? I am a bit curious, a competitor to MFSL maybe which I believe play around too much with brightness on some releases.

I have the vinyl counterpart and I think it sounds awesome. Never once considered that it sounded bright. :)

MoFi's 2017 Stereo SACD remaster of Linda Ronstadt's "Heart Like A Wheel." IMO, an absolute classic and moreso since one of Rock's most soulful and talented female artists has been silenced by a debilitating illness.:(

MoFi's 2017 Stereo SACD remaster of Linda Ronstadt's "Heart Like A Wheel." IMO, an absolute classic and moreso since one of Rock's most soulful and talented female artists has been silenced by a debilitating illness.:(

How’s it sound? I’ve been debating getting it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back