Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some fine weekend listening here. 3 New Hybrid Stereo SACDs of Movie Music by Henry Mancini and His Orchestra from Acoustic Sounds.
Remastered from the Analog Master Tapes by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound.

Mancini SACDs.png

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98052/Henry_Mancini-The_Pink_Panther-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/9...mount_Motion_Picture_Score-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98057/Henry_Mancini-Peter_Gunn-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

I'm trying to re-organize my music and this one hasn't been played for a LONG time...and to be candid I need this kind of kick ass music right now in my life...Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow SHM-SACD...I'm getting too soft with all this mellow music in the hi rez format...we need more Rock titles to get excited about....

Been an Audio Fidelity customer since their highly recommended very first SACD release:

The Zombies - Greatest Hits (AFZ 001)

Zombies_SACD.jpg

Listening to the AP disc of Kenny Burrell, Midnight Blue, Hybrid SACD Stereo only. I have purchased 10 discs from the Blue Note jazz series done by AP and I find them all to be excellent.

Breakfast in America SHM-SACD(newly reissued) Sounds very articulate. I think I heard nuances unnoticable on the blu ray versioon. Need to hear the blu ray again to verify.

YES-CloseFB_0.jpg

WOW, what a fidelity on this one. I know this album inside out, this is by far the best sounding version I've heard, including the original vinyl, first cd issue, rhino cd issue, Steven Wilson remix. I mean only the fact that you can hear Chris hitting the strings on the bass which returns more natural bass sound.

View attachment 27739

WOW, what a fidelity on this one. I know this album inside out, this is by far the best sounding version I've heard, including the original vinyl, first cd issue, rhino cd issue, Steven Wilson remix. I mean only the fact that you can hear Chris hitting the strings on the bass which returns more natural bass sound.

Yes, the focused bass is the first thing that sets this apart from other CD issues. It's not really close either, how bad the other CDs were botched. MFSL vinyl has it all as well.

Granted, we were all TOTALLY bummed out that Audio Fidelity didn't release Weather Report's TAIL SPINNIN' in multichannel but after spinning the disc last night (in pseudo DSP surround), it is a disc well worth owning.

Kevin Gray of Cohearant Audio did a stunning mastering job and it comes VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I can ONLY imagine what the QUAD masters sound like........this album was made for SURROUND!

With ImportCD's current 10% off sale...under $20 (until November 22) and WELL WORTH IT! http://www.importcds.com/tale-spinnin/780014224820

Granted, we were all TOTALLY bummed out that Audio Fidelity didn't release Weather Report's TAIL SPINNIN' in multichannel but after spinning the disc last night (in pseudo DSP surround), it is a disc well worth owning.

Kevin Gray of Cohearant Audio did a stunning mastering job and it comes VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I can ONLY imagine what the QUAD masters sound like........this album was made for SURROUND!

With ImportCD's current 10% off sale...under $20 (until November 22) and WELL WORTH IT! http://www.importcds.com/tale-spinnin/780014224820

oh Ralph.. you know how I feel about all this.. still, I'm glad you're enjoying the Stereo in whatever flavour of pseudo surround you favour..

..does seem a bit daft when there's a perfectly good - no, excellent - Quad mix but still, good for you! if you're happy, I'm happy! :upthumb

Last night I spun the new AP SACD remaster of Cowboy Junkie's The Trinty Session. ALL involved did a splendid job but I can confirm that although the album was recorded ambisonically via a single calrec microphone it was not UHJ encoded (My Meridian pre/pro does have ambisonic capability).

A stunning album and well worth revisiting.

I'm trying to re-organize my music and this one hasn't been played for a LONG time...and to be candid I need this kind of kick ass music right now in my life...Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow SHM-SACD...I'm getting too soft with all this mellow music in the hi rez format...we need more Rock titles to get excited about....

:(

we need more Rock titles to get excited about....

I am certainly all about that. My life is mostly RBCD because rock titles don't get there due.

That said, I'll turn left and tell you that now I am listening to two new MOFI's I received in mono, Miles Davis Milestones and The Genius Of Ray Charles.

AF's stereo only SACD Scorpions, Blackout, they hit it out of the park on this one. Before this I listened to another AF, 24K Gold 16bit CD, Dio, The Last In Line, awesome. If you like Dio, the RBCD Rhino box set is superb.

OK, you are killing me. Scorps are my top 5 favorite band. So, the SACD is good? Not sure if others have said that......I don't have it. :confused:
Oh Gene brother, you have to get it, I promise you. Even very cool the shards of glas cover the slip case. I saw the Scorps last year at SAP Center, best concert of the year for me, you also should buy there most recent DVD or maybe it's Blu Ray concert video, I swear brother you will love both or I'll buy them back from you.
Edit: You need to purchase. DVD 5.1 Dolby Digital 48Khz, Return To Forever. Yeah, just drink and turn it up, you'll be fine.

Back