Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Search of the Lost Chord - Moody Blues UK SACD 2ch/CD 2 disc
Unknown-1.jpeg

Use Me by Vanessa Fernandez in Hybrid Stereo SACD. The album features Fernandez performing 11 Soul classics from the '70s and '80s recorded and mixed in Analog at Oceanway Studios in Hollywood by Groove Note's Ying Tan and famed audiophile engineer Michael C. Ross.

Fine performances and excellent sound. Highly recommended! In Stock at Elusive Disc, distributor for the Groove Note label.

"Think Aretha Franklin mixed with Amy Winehouse and you get Vanessa Fernandez! Her strong, soulful voice is deeply rooted in R&B but is equally versatile in pop, alternative or electronic music." - www.19sixtyfive.com.sg

Use Me - grvsa1050.jpg

Use Me - Vanessa Fernandez (Groove Note Hybrid Stereo SACD GRVSA-1050)
http://www.elusivedisc.com/Vanessa-Fernandez-Use-Me-SACD/productinfo/GRVSA1050/

It sounds wonderful. Close miked, it is a great album for a (then) unknown artist and independent record label. I had previously had an 8-track :yikes and a CD. The SACD blows the CD away. For anyone not familiar with the music, this track is reason enough to buy this SACD: Vaseline Machine Gun (from album) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oupOlponNjQ

For anyone who thinks that was done by multiple guitar players or overdubs, here is a brief CNN interview from '97, including a performance of Vaseline Machine Gun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2T2t-qalkc&spfreload=10

[/B]

Hey Linda...is that Kottke SACD a good one?...I think Doc would be interested if it sounds good..

In my rotation this week:

Man of The World - Relections on Peter Green (AFZ 011)
Donovan - Storyteller (AFZ 015)
Deep Purple - Live on the BBC (AFZ 017)
The Zombies - Greatest Hits (AFZ 001)
The Kinks - Everybody's In Show-Biz (MoFi)
Humble Pie - Smokin' (AP)
The Who - Quadrophenia (SHM SACD)
The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers (SHM SACD)
Aimee Mann - Bachelor No. 2
Roxy Music - The Best Of...

With as much stuff as I buy, sometimes things slip through the cracks. I bought both of these when they first hit the street. Just getting around to enjoying them. Both very nice fidelity. A bit of tape hiss on the Holiday. Great performances on both.

AVRJ_6021-45__67263__04242012084914-1792.jpg
Songs for Distingue Lovers - Lady Day

Unknown-2.jpeg
Welcome to the Club - Nathaniel Coles

image.jpg

What else can one say... this is one of my favorite things! :burnout

Beautiful transfer by ORG Music.

Some smooth and rich instrumental Jazz from the Anthony Wilson Trio on Hybrid Stereo SACD from Groove Note. As always, excellent sound and recording from the Groove Note team on this recording led by Diana Krall's guitarist. Best of all, new copies of the SACD start at just $17.53 on Amazon.Com. Definitely recommended!

Jack of Hearts SACD.jpg

Jack of Hearts - Anthony Wilson Trio (Groove Note, Hybrid Stereo SACD, GRV 1046-3)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ACE4G2

I mentioned on another thread that I didn't like country music BUT there is a disc that is an exception...this ISN"T a multichannel disc as the description mentions..... it's hard to believe that this music is from this period as it sounds so good...even if you don't like country music(like me)but appreciate a unique voice and superb sound you might like THIS ONE

It's raining outside and gloomy...a perfect time for some Sinatra...this album was recorded in 1957 when Frank was 42...it's mono and sounds excellent...the title is WHERE ARE YOU..a MOFI SACD...

Street Legal - The Zim 2ch SACD Hybrid

Even though I bought the LP the first day it was out, I haven't played this album in a couple years. Although it is a bit uneven, IMHO, it has two of his very best songs: No Time to Think and Senor (Tales of Yankee Power.) Willie Nelson did a nice cover of Senor, BTW. It also has the single Changing of the Guards. Very nice fidelity!

I need to play all the Dylan SACD's in this box more often.

View attachment 20448

View attachment 20449

View attachment 20450

Here are few more sealed titles in my collection that slipped through the cracks:

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

McCoy-Tyner-Inception-448260.jpg
images-1.jpeg

The fidelity seems great on all three. Since these are albums I've never owned before, I have nothing to a/b. I also liked the music on all three. Although I had seen the My Fair Lady movie, I forgot how many great songs there were. I'd strongly recommend it.

Back