Rarities in Multichannel SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rage Hard - The Sonic Collection - Frankie Goes to Hollywood Currently not available on EBay. Amazon starts at $400 Canadian. When it was in print, I bought this from a private party in the UK. I never saw it from any US E Retailer or store. IMHO, it's essential.
View attachment 14309

That album is a lot of fun in Surround Sound SACD! You can almost see the grin of the Surround Sound Producer and Engineer as you're playing the Multichannel music tracks and hear some of the zany effects and soundscapes.
A favorite of mine.

Rage Hard - The Sonic Collection - Frankie Goes to Hollywood Currently not available on EBay. Amazon starts at $400 Canadian. When it was in print, I bought this from a private party in the UK. I never saw it from any US E Retailer or store. IMHO, it's essential.
View attachment 14309

When I was looking for this, by chance I found it on the ZTT.com site. They also had the Propaganda and Art of Noise SACDs; so I ordered all three. A few weeks later, after I had received my order, I sent someone else there to purchase them and they were all sold out. Either I was real lucky - or they didn't have many to start with.

When I was looking for this, by chance I found it on the ZTT.com site. They also had the Propaganda and Art of Noise SACDs; so I ordered all three. A few weeks later, after I had received my order, I sent someone else there to purchase them and they were all sold out. Either I was real lucky - or they didn't have many to start with.

Same here. The ZTT Records web site in the UK had the best price on the Rage Hard Multichannel SACD. So I picked it up direct from the label. Too bad all of those are out of stock. Some excellent Multichannel SACDs!

How about Deep Purple's "Concerto for Group and Orchestra", featuring the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by Malcolm Arnold?

2253001926_cb6c312a93.jpg

How do you know? Does a pressing of Paul van Dyk Reflections SACD exist whose stereo DSD layer is not defective?

FYI
Thanks to mutual efforts of the members of another site listening to most of the rare and OOP mch SACD albums mentioned in this thread is affordable for everyone. Thank you guys for this thread.

Is Vanessa-Mae the first Olympic athlete to release a SACD? (she competed for Thailand in the just-finished Sochi Winter Olympics)

586170018_94d132b13b.jpg

This one has very nice dynamics but awful EQ. Super bright!

Me too! I've never been able to find a copy (and I've been searching - in earnest - over 5 years) though it does exist as I know a couple of people who have it.. unlike several discs listed at sa-cd.net like the La Oreja de Van Gogh's (x 3!), Will Tura-De Mooiste Droom, etc. which must be vapourware since no-one I know in the SACD hardcore has ever seen them let alone own them (and those guys have everything..!).
Found you one Freddie -they'll even let ya make an offer 😜
https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/6062566?ev=rb

Back