Rarities in Multichannel SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a beauty..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 321
Not the absolute rarest but one of the most inflated SACDs price wise nowadays..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 259
The DualDisc is much cheaper & easier to get but.. once you've been bitten by the SACD bug..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 250
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 255
Not the most adventurous surround mix but it kinda befits the music.. the sonics are gorgeous though, superbly well-recorded and the album itself is really lovely (FWIW, I had a very hard time finding this and I really searched, so I think this is a pretty rare one).

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 247
Talking of demo material, Era's "The Mass" SACD is an out and out stunner in surround!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 249
The "Musiq" album by the artist then known as Soulstar was much harder to get on SACD than its DVD-A counterpart.. it's a subtle surround mix (but with discrete elements) of neo-soul, bit of an acquired taste but I like it

image.jpg

Dredg's El Cielo was easy to get (in the States at least) at one point.. but I snoozed and once I actually wanted it (familiar story for many of us here, I know..) it had become pricier and rarer.. after several misfires where sellers sent the redbook, I finally got it.. I'm not sure if it was worth it from a surround point of view, it's ok but a bit tame I'd have opted for more ambitious surround reflecting the music which is pretty amazing! ah well..

image.jpgimage.jpg

The DualDisc is much cheaper & easier to get but.. once you've been bitten by the SACD bug..

Got This one and Am a big Keane fan - Great Album............might give it a whirl tonite :banana:

Back