Rarities in Multichannel SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part one's a cinch.. for some reason his follow-up is a tough find on SACD (equally great mix & contents as 1st album though, well worth your while tracking it down if you enjoyed his other Motown SACD/DVD-A)..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 252
I don't know how easy this is/was to get outside of Europe but it was tricky getting it here without shelling out some serious money! The surround mix isn't upto much but then the arrangements don't call for it..

image.jpgimage.jpg

Here's a stunner (just the most unbelievable sound quality, you have to hear it!!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 262
The DualDisc is much cheaper & easier to get but.. once you've been bitten by the SACD bug..

Keane...

What a missed opportunity for such a great album. The 5.1 mix sounds terrible. I actually play this in 2 channel hirez to Dolby pro logic z or dts neo x through my denon 4520.

Not the absolute rarest but one of the most inflated SACDs price wise nowadays..

The Cardigans...

Paid a fortune for this but would never trade or sell it. This album along with Snow Patrol's final straw gets regular playing time in my Oppo93.

Talking of demo material, Era's "The Mass" SACD is an out and out stunner in surround!

Had a listen, it sort of reminded me a bit of the Moya Brennan in a round about way, semi-classical/choral/pop not thrash-metal as I'd thought!Only £20 from amazon.fr, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Not the absolute rarest but one of the most inflated SACDs price wise nowadays..

I always had a thing for Nina Persson so I had to get this! But I got it new for £5 when it came out, not for the current £389.95 on amazon.co.uk

Had a listen, it sort of reminded me a bit of the Moya Brennan in a round about way, semi-classical/choral/pop not thrash-metal as I'd thought!Only £20 from amazon.fr, so I thought I'd give it a go.

oh no it's not thrash metal! it's kind of symphonic gothic dramatic new age ambient stuff! I love it! the surround really is something else. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

Here are a couple you don't see very often:

Tarmac: Notre Epoque. French only release. I have only seen one copy: mine, bought used. I have not seen a copy sold on Ebay/Amazon for the last 5 years.

Tarmac Front.jpg

Tarmac Back.jpg

ML: Leaving: Dutch only release. Music is very nice, so is the surround mix.

ML Front.jpg

ML Back.jpg

This has become pricier recently, which is a shame as its a great surround mix..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 261
Several here dotted among them which I found pretty hard to get and/or expensive (Tony Bennett & kd lang, Mezzoforte, Dolly Parton, Ludacris, etc..)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 238
More obscure Euro ones (apologies for the poor quality, it's how I saved them in the past!).. not rare per se but could be good for US QQ-ers to check out etc :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 238
Back