Rarities in Stereo (and Mono) SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's an SACD that's been on my shopping list many years..
its not super duper rare by any means but it is uncommon so its always on at daft money on eBay/Amazon.. a bit like waiting for a bus, you wait for one for years and suddenly 4 turn up all at once.. finally nabbed it for a good price on Discogs, where (for a price) you can get a sealed one, which is rare! :D

12MoDqW.jpg

5bSX6wu.jpg

YI5iusa.jpg

here's an SACD that's been on my shopping list many years..
its not super duper rare by any means but it is uncommon so its always on at daft money on eBay/Amazon.. a bit like waiting for a bus, you wait for one for years and suddenly 4 turn up all at once.. finally nabbed it for a good price on Discogs, where (for a price) you can get a sealed one, which is rare! :D

Ah, the Spitball SACD. Yes, that is a rare one.
Congrats!

NEVER heard of them but knowing Adam it'll be shooting 'spitballs' out of the rear channels!:yikes

It's the first Rock recording in DSD.
Recorded on the Sony Sonoma DSD Workstation.
Mixed and mastered by Ronald Prent at Galaxy Studios.

Definitely a rare Hybrid Stereo SACD.

Another Hybrid Stereo SACD rarity: the Frances Soundtrack - music composed and conducted by John Barry.
Applauded for Barry's haunting score. This one was released in 2005 by Hot Records in the UK.

Still available from Amazon starting at $47 new and $15.95 used.

folder.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BYVJUK

makes you wonder if, having been mixed by Ronald Prent who has done a lot of surround music
mixes over the years, if there is an unreleased MultiCh mix of that Spitball album..

makes you wonder if, having been mixed by Ronald Prent who has done a lot of surround music
mixes over the years, if there is an unreleased MultiCh mix of this album..

I doubt it.
It was a very early Hybrid SACD stereo release. Probably before they were recording in Multichannel DSD.

Here is a 'error' disc, it's printed as if it is a stereo SACD but is actually a regular CD.
Kandi - Hey Kandi

Attachments

• Kandi_sacd_cd.JPG
    Kandi_sacd_cd.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 259
Man oh man that SACD of Romantic Warrior is hard to find! I have the CD but sure wish I could find the SACD. Is there any plan of a reissue for that? I would settle for a digital download of the DSD files or ISO but I doubt it can be found.

Back