President's Day Sale at Acoustic Sounds

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will check into this. I passed on the Elusive Disc 10% sale since they exclude all the SHM SACDs, which is mostly what I want to buy.
So, they're only announcing sales on twitter now. That's not good.
Looks like Exile On Main Street is back in stock for those of you who don't have it. It was out of stock for months.

I will check into this. I passed on the Elusive Disc 10% sale since they exclude all the SHM SACDs, which is mostly what I want to buy.
So, they're only announcing sales on twitter now. That's not good.
Looks like Exile On Main Street is back in stock for those of you who don't have it. It was out of stock for months.

The Acoustic Sounds sale is pretty broad - says all music in stock. So SHM-SACDs should be OK.

Used to be the free shipping was at $79, so you could buy 1 SHM SACD, 1 regular SACD, and with the 10% discount still get free shipping. Now they've upped it to $89. Clever, but at the cost of losing some sales.

They have Mike Oldfield's Crisis 30th Anniversary set as a 96Khz/24 bit FLAC download. It's doesn't specify anything about the 5.1 tracks. http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/95946/Mike_Oldfield-Crises-FLAC_96kHz24bit_Download

The description reads: "This Super Deluxe Edition features remastered tracks from the 5-disc box set, which featured CDs and DVDs of live tracks and performances."

Anybody know anything about the 5.1 on this release?

They have Mike Oldfield's Crisis 30th Anniversary set as a 96Khz/24 bit FLAC download. It's doesn't specify anything about the 5.1 tracks. http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/95946/Mike_Oldfield-Crises-FLAC_96kHz24bit_Download

The description reads: "This Super Deluxe Edition features remastered tracks from the 5-disc box set, which featured CDs and DVDs of live tracks and performances."

Anybody know anything about the 5.1 on this release?

Super HiRez hasn't started selling Multichannel Downloads, yet - unlike download sites like David Elias, NativeDSD.Com, HD Klassik, eOnkyo and iTrax that sell Multichannel Downloads today.
The Super HiRez folks say they intend to sell Multichannel Downloads in the future, but no time frame has been given.

When you go to the site the shopping cart area says the sale lasts until Feb.21 @ 10:00am CST.

The discount works when I enter an order but not the free shipping.
I'm going to call them and straighten that out before placing my order

When you go to the site the shopping cart area says the sale lasts until Feb.21 @ 10:00am CST.

Interesting. They must have decided to extend the length of the sale to Friday after posting the initial notice on Twitter.

I did a test order with 4 copies of Aretha Gold SACD and got free shipping. Only music items qualify. Leave other items out of your order.
Total Weight: 0.72 LBs.

Subtotal: $107.92

Expedited (2-5 Business Days): FREE
Two Day (2 Business Days): $23.95
Overnight (Next business day by 3 p.m.): $23.95
Overnight Priority (Next-day delivery by 8 a.m.): $23.95

S&H Cost: FREE
Total: $107.92

Take a look at the year. It says 2013. So the offer is already expired then I guess.

10% Off All In-Stock items Music. Offer good through Wednesday, February 21, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. CST.

The offer has expired. No coupon or gift certificate found using the code PRESIDENTSDAYSALE.

Take a look at the year. It says 2013. So the offer is already expired then I guess.

10% Off All In-Stock items Music. Offer good through Wednesday, February 21, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. CST.

There's the catch....2013. I hadn't noticed the date.
When I called them on the 18th after the Sale was over they admitted there had been a glitch and that old message had appeared unintentionally.
I'd been having problems getting the free shipping option to work, so they took my order over the phone and honored the 10% discount.
I've always received excellent customer service from Acoustic Sounds

Just hope you never need to return anything to them even if the problem is their fault. You will not reimbursed for the postage you paid to return the item.

Looks like all 3 of these guys have Thanksgiving 10% sales going on already even though Thanksgiving is something like 12 days away so must be a really long sale. Hopefully some of the new SHM SACDs will show up in stock during this time.

For AcousticSounds the code is BLACKFRIDAYSALE

As for the two others, well they don't have much in stock anyway so why bother.

Looks like all 3 of these guys have Thanksgiving 10% sales going on already even though Thanksgiving is something like 12 days away so must be a really long sale. Hopefully some of the new SHM SACDs will show up in stock during this time.

For AcousticSounds the code is BLACKFRIDAYSALE

As for the two others, well they don't have much in stock anyway so why bother.

Why wait for Thanksgiving or Black Friday, when you can offer products on sale now?!

Picked up some SACDs from Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds earlier this weekend.
Works for me. :)

Don't forget about this ongoing sale HERE..there are some good deals in there...the only real difference is these re-issues are in jewel boxes not the original sleeves...which I could care less about..I've grabbed a couple and am going to get some more...

Don't forget about this ongoing sale HERE..there are some good deals in there...the only real difference is these re-issues are in jewel boxes not the original sleeves...which I could care less about..I've grabbed a couple and am going to get some more...

How about some pictures of those jewel case re-issues that you bought?

I prefer the jewel cases. They didn't stop me from buying a bunch of the Queen titles.

I gotta ask the question....how can you tell if any of these are in Multi-Channel? Seems they never say...or do I assume none of them?

Back