Beck's Morning Phase....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mchoop

Released next week. Wonder if it will be available in any high resolution format? It's streaming right now at NPR's music site. Sounds pretty nice through my cans.:banana:

McHoop

I love it. Just wish we could get it in 5.1 like Sea Change.

As far as I can tell, MP3 is about as hi-res as you'll be able to get it in other than vinyl or cd. Maybe HDTracks will have it later in 24/96.

This album just won the Grammy for Album of the Year.

Still doesn't excuse the fact that it should be mixed and released in surround like "Sea Change" and "Guero" were...

Very well deserved and completely agree that it needs to be in 5.1. My favorite album of last year.

Just listened to the whole album today.

For some reason I only remember going halfway through it last year.

I still think I prefer "Sea Change", but this album is a close 2nd.

"Morning" almost made me tear up when listening to it. Such incredible beauty, it's almost indescribable.

Too bad Kanye West doesn't know beauty when it comes to music, even if it bit him on the ass...

I did not get this album when it came out, but I will now. It would be nice to see it rise up the charts again in light of the events at the Grammy awards.

Sure wish it had a 5.1 mix.

Try to find it on vinyl or a vinyl rip. Sounds a lot better than that HDtracks version.

I have the vinyl LP of this album and it sounds great. I agree that a 5.1 release would be fantastic. Since it won the Grammy maybe that can justify a surround mix being prepared.
---------- Chris

Just listened to the whole album today.

For some reason I only remember going halfway through it last year.

I still think I prefer "Sea Change", but this album is a close 2nd.

"Morning" almost made me tear up when listening to it. Such incredible beauty, it's almost indescribable.

Too bad Kanye West doesn't know beauty when it comes to music, even if it bit him on the ass...

i could not have said it better... indescribable beauty....it is one of those rare discs that is just so moving...very much like Sea Change..but..there is something about this one that just really gets me. it may be the most played disc i own..or close anyway. ohhh to have it mixed in 5.1... i'm not sure i could take how good that would be!!!
:worthy :51banana: :worthy

i could not have said it better... indescribable beauty....it is one of those rare discs that is just so moving...very much like Sea Change..but..there is something about this one that just really gets me. it may be the most played disc i own..or close anyway. ohhh to have it mixed in 5.1... i'm not sure i could take how good that would be!!!

I totally agree! I just listened to this album last night. "Sea Change" is one of my favorite albums ever. When I first heard Morning, I didn't think it was as good, but after repeated listens I think it is just as good... maybe better. Every track has something to offer the listener. It would be absolutely amazing in 5.1. Who do we need to petition to make it happen?

I love it. Just wish we could get it in 5.1 like Sea Change.

As far as I can tell, MP3 is about as hi-res as you'll be able to get it in other than vinyl or cd. Maybe HDTracks will have it later in 24/96.

HDTracks does have it in 24/96. It sounds good. I am not sure it sounds much better than the CD, however. The DR is exactly the same, which is not great. DR6. Quite compressed. Still, it sounds pretty good.

I got my hands on a vinyl rip at 24/96. Much more dynamic range. DR10. I generally like how the vinyl rip sounds better than the HDTracks. The high frequencies do sound cleaner on the HDTracks version, however.

LOVE this album, have worn it out (played 150 times? I put copies in every vehicle) and still love it. There are IMHO 2-3 spots where it seems slightly "pinched" from what it should have for dynamic range but remains quite listenable. I liked Sea Change well enough, now I love that even more. My son and I had a great trip last summer to OH/MI/IL where we played these two albums a LOT. I arranged it to where we saw Beck in Cleveland too. Sadly the great acoustic songs were overshadowed by the loud party tunes the crowd wanted. Would have made more sense for him to play an acoustic set first, intermission and then go crazy with the other stuff.

Maybe the Grammy will push it's status up for a proper 5.1 release!

Back