What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone refresh my memory as far as the recommended rating system? I'm finally ready to start offering my opinion on the disorganized pile of sound I've acquired. I believe it consists of Mix, Fidelity and Content but can't specifically recall. I've waited awhile in order to learn from the experience of my more knowledgeable peers!

Could someone refresh my memory as far as the recommended rating system? I'm finally ready to start offering my opinion on the disorganized pile of sound I've acquired. I believe it consists of Mix, Fidelity and Content but can't specifically recall. I've waited awhile in order to learn from the experience of my more knowledgeable peers!

I don't think we have a rating system per se. But we always welcome your comments on Stereo SACDs and DSD Downloads added to your collection here. So comment away!

This Train don't carry no jokers.

Attachments

• sacd_this_train_dont_carry_no_jokers.jpg
    sacd_this_train_dont_carry_no_jokers.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 133
I was hoping you had the AF version. I wouldn't mind paying more for this title IF there is improvement over that SACD.

The problem is, who is going to buy both just to find out? Someone on sa-cd seemed to hint at the bass being a bit lite in the AF. The bass is quite solid on this one... whether it's better or not I have no idea.

I was hoping you had the AF version. I wouldn't mind paying more for this title IF there is improvement over that SACD.

I bought the Audio Fidelity SACD of Peter, Paul & Mary. Turned out very well. Didn't see a need to follow-up with the Top Music version.

Since it's unlikely that a MC version will be released I might as well put that one on the list, great song list.

Thanks!

Very true. Although you can get some synthesized Surround from the SACD via the Surround Master. I haven't tried the SM on that SACD but the detail on it would yield some good synth Quad.

The problem is, who is going to buy both just to find out? Someone on sa-cd seemed to hint at the bass being a bit lite in the AF. The bass is quite solid on this one... whether it's better or not I have no idea.

Actually I did that on the Styx Paradise Theater SACD. I bought the SHM version and the AF version. I wanted to see if the SHM SACD was any better as they were both from the same source. I really couldn't hear any difference. The only time I would buy a SHM version is if it was the only version available or it was from a better source.

Actually I did that on the Styx Paradise Theater SACD. I bought the SHM version and the AF version. I wanted to see if the SHM SACD was any better as they were both from the same source. I really couldn't hear any difference. The only time I would buy a SHM version is if it was the only version available or it was from a better source.
I almost did that with Brothers In Arms but cancelled it due to shortage of funds. I went with the platinum SHM and it sounds so good I don't think I'd hear any difference.

I have the platinum SHM of Paradise Theater also. It sounds way better than the AF SACD.

I almost did that with Brothers In Arms but cancelled it due to shortage of funds. I went with the platinum SHM and it sounds so good I don't think I'd hear any difference.

The SHM-SACD of Brother In Arms sounds much better than the Stereo SACD and CD Stereo tracks on the Multichannel SACD edition. Sometimes it's good to own both! :)

Back