What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allman Brothers "Brothers & Sisters" Stereo :( Mobile Fidelity SACD, oh to hear the Quad version! My favourite Allman's album, its pretty good quality for a 1973 recording, and no 'roughness' in the SACD sound.

Eric Clapton-Timepieces The Best Of Eric Clapton SACD...I'm not expecting much from this one...hopefully better than CD quality...this one has flown under the radar and not much discussion about it...great song list but no information about the source of this mastering job by Kevin Gray..HERE

Eric Clapton-Timepieces The Best Of Eric Clapton SACD...I'm not expecting much from this one...hopefully better than CD quality...this one has flown under the radar and not much discussion about it...great song list but no information about the source of this mastering job by Kevin Gray..HERE
I just picked that one up today at my post office box. Serial number 1379. So you don't think Gray did a good job on it? Well, I got it cheap $16.95 plus shipping from importcds when they had that 10% off deal. The song titles are certainly good ones.

Sam Cooke - keep movin' on SACD
The Genius of Ray Charles SACD
Renaissance - Scheherazade and other stories SACD
Gram Parsons - GP SACD

Oh my gosh! Why are you tempting us with that? LOL! Now I have to choose between Blondie and a Nun.

Recently acquired... Nancy Sinatra: Super Audio Best

Could you give your thoughts about the sound quality? Do you have a point of comparison? Any production notes inside? Sorry, but I'm just wondering if this was tossed off, or if some real TLC was put into it. Thanks -

Could you give your thoughts about the sound quality? Do you have a point of comparison? Any production notes inside? Sorry, but I'm just wondering if this was tossed off, or if some real TLC was put into it. Thanks -

I'd recommend it. The music is a collection of fun hits from the '60s. And the sound quality is good on the SACD from Top Music.

I'd recommend it. The music is a collection of fun hits from the '60s. And the sound quality is good on the SACD from Top Music.

I have one of the standard CD issues with the same track listing, and I'm just trying to weigh whether it's a significant enough improvement. Thanks, Brian -

I'd say Nancy & Lee were given some real TLC. Hong Kong based, Powee Chan, did this new 32/192 remastering. The recording occasionally show its age, but I'm impressive by the warmth, clarity and separation of the vocals and instruments. The only areas of criticism would be the title track from the Bond flick, You Only Live Twice. Her voice is nice and clear. Unfortunately, the orchestra's sound is a bit thin and cluttered. But, this is probably the fault of the original recording. And here & there a few tracks seem a little loud, for example: Sundown, Sundown. But, this isn't a major problem. I have an old RBCD somewhere around here, but can't find it at the moment. Anyway, I don't remember it sounding as vivid as this SACD. If you're looking for an upgrade. You should be pleased with this one.

Eric Clapton-Timepieces The Best Of Eric Clapton SACD...I'm not expecting much from this one...hopefully better than CD quality...
I recently received this and have played it twice. It sounds exactly like a CD to me and not a very good one. No bass No depth Bright and edgy sounding. Kevin Gray? Really? I wonder if his buddy did this one for him. I'll be dumping this on eBay.

Also received 2 SHM SACDs. Beach Boys Summer Days and Dire Straits Brothers In Arms. These sound extremely good.

I recently received this and have played it twice. It sounds exactly like a CD to me and not a very good one. No bass No depth Bright and edgy sounding. Kevin Gray? Really? I wonder if his buddy did this one for him. I'll be dumping this on eBay.

Also received 2 SHM SACDs. Beach Boys Summer Days and Dire Straits Brothers In Arms. These sound extremely good.

Good to hear about the SHM discs... my Pet Sounds SHM has shipped so I should get it by the end of the month...I have already sold the Timepieces disc on Ebay...here is what I posted about it

Shoot Out The Lights - Richard & Linda Thompson (Hybrid Stereo SACD).

image.jpg

Received 3 discs today..... after a post I saw on here I purchased Julia Fordham-Concrete Love SACD...and I almost hate to mention this next one because Gos(2.0) will be all over me to tell him how it sounds...Scorpions-Blackout SACD(the infamous Limited Edition 2110..LOL..this cracks me up...these things aren't ever going to be collectibles in my lifetime)...I'm worried because Gos(2.0) once stalked Klaus Meine in Berlin for a month...he wore a trench coat in the middle of summer...I mean..who does that...I'm afraid to think what might have happened if he would have caught up to him:sun

Received 3 discs today..... after a post I saw on here I purchased Julia Fordham-Concrete Love SACD...and I almost hate to mention this next one because Gos(2.0) will be all over me to tell him how it sounds...Scorpions-Blackout SACD(the infamous Limited Edition 2110..LOL..this cracks me up...these things aren't ever going to be collectibles in my lifetime)...I'm worried because Gos(2.0) once stalked Klaus Meine in Berlin for a month...he wore a trench coat in the middle of summer...I mean..who does that...I'm afraid to think what might have happened if he would have caught up to him:sun

OK, here I am....patiently waiting.....:howl:banana:

Just got Can - Soon Over Babaluma. This is a reissue hybrid sacd. Having a problem with this disc as both my oppo,s only see the cd version, not the sacd version. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice would be appreciated.

Back