Yes - The Yes Album in 5.1 Surround DVD-A/BluRay in 2014

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They accepted a return and refunded me. I then ordered form Burning Shed.

glad to hear you got a result :) I should have done what you did and just got a refund from Spamazonalot. I decided to throw in the towel and buy it again from BS as they specifically mentioned having the corrected disc but by the time I'd decided to do that they'd sold out! wah wah wah! :D

Amazon UK didn't offer replacements for the TAAB disc... Crap service (in this case).
Well that's a head-scratcher. I recently got the blu-ray Selling England By the Pound from Amazon UK. Upon initial playing it froze at one point. I emailed them and they immediately started the process to replace it - no questions asked. Turned out after I cleaned the disc it played fine so I cancelled the replacement order.

From burning shed:

Blu-Ray - Full Track Listing:

New Stereo Mixes 24/96 MLP Lossless:
1. Yours Is No Disgrace
2. Clap
3. Starship Trooper: Life Seeker / Disillusion / Wurm
4. I've Seen All Good People: Your Move / All Good People
5. A Venture
6. Perpetual Change

Surround Mixes (24/96 MLP Lossless):
1. Yours Is No Disgrace
2. Clap
5. A Venture
6. Perpetual Change

Original Stereo Mixes (Flat Transfer from original master 24/96 MLP Lossless):
1. Yours Is No Disgrace
2. Clap
5. A Venture
6. Perpetual Change

Additional Material:
The Alternate Album:
1. Yours Is No Disgrace (Live, London 1971)
2. Clap (Studio Version)
3. Starship Trooper (single edit)
Life seeker
4. I've Seen All Good People (Live, London 1971)
5. A Venture (extended mix)
6. Perpetual Change (Live, New Haven 1971)

Blu-Ray Exclusive:
Single versions, edits & live:
1. Your Move - single version, stereo
2. Clap - single version, mono
3. America - Live, London 1971
4. It's Love - Live, London 1971
5. Your Move - single version, mono

New Stereo Instrumental Mixes (24/96 LPCM):
1. Yours Is No Disgrace
2. Clap
5. A Venture
6. Perpetual Change

Needle-drop (A1/B1 UK vinyl transfer 24/96 LPCM):
Original stereo, archived master transfer (Flat Transfer 24/96 LPCM):
1. Yours Is No Disgrace
2. Clap
5. A Venture
6. Perpetual Change

From burning shed:

Thanks for the news. Really looking forward to this and the release date is approaching fast :banana: Please god, no delays this time!

Its great to have the live extras included. The 4 live in London 1971 tracks are amazing, but I'm slightly disappointed that these aren't different versions, as these 4 I already have on the 'The Word Is Live' Yes live boxset. As for 'Perpetual Change (Live, New Haven 1971)', I only have this on a very old live tape, and if I remember this is an awesome live version of my favourite track on the album :banana:

Thanks for the news. Really looking forward to this and the release date is approaching fast :banana: Please god, no delays this time!

Its great to have the live extras included. The 4 live in London 1971 tracks are amazing, but I'm slightly disappointed that these aren't different versions, as these 4 I already have on the 'The Word Is Live' Yes live boxset. As for 'Perpetual Change (Live, New Haven 1971)', I only have this on a very old live tape, and if I remember this is an awesome live version of my favourite track on the album :banana:

Colsky me ole China! (Did I get that right?:mad:@:)

Yep, we fans are expected to buy songs over & over again, but I am really excited to get Perpetual Change live, I have the boot but I can hope the sound quality is better on this.
Maybe we will get lucky and SW or somebody found better quality tapes for YIND live in London. Yep, I bought the live YES box as well. Since these are just add in bonus tracks I am very very satsified. We are getting all possibilities to make everybody happy:

5.1 remix from multi-track
new 2.0 remix from multi
orig 2.0 mix from original source
LP drop for record freaks
.. and some nice live stuff

How can this be better?

Since the price is around 20-30 dollars this is about a great a value as we can expect. Kinda like the same but actually the exact opposit of the Aqualung & Quadrophenia 5.1 releases. :howl

I think I will borrow your lovely big hat and drink a few litres of my favourite beer when TYA 5.1 arrives at my door! :banana:

Beer.jpg

Colsky me ole China! (Did I get that right?:mad:@:)

Yep, we fans are expected to buy songs over & over again, but I am really excited to get Perpetual Change live, I have the boot but I can hope the sound quality is better on this.
Maybe we will get lucky and SW or somebody found better quality tapes for YIND live in London. Yep, I bought the live YES box as well. Since these are just add in bonus tracks I am very very satsified. We are getting all possibilities to make everybody happy:

5.1 remix from multi-track
new 2.0 remix from multi
orig 2.0 mix from original source
LP drop for record freaks
.. and some nice live stuff

How can this be better?

Since the price is around 20-30 dollars this is about a great a value as we can expect. Kinda like the same but actually the exact opposit of the Aqualung & Quadrophenia 5.1 releases. :howl

I think I will borrow your lovely big hat and drink a few litres of my favourite beer when TYA 5.1 arrives at my door! :banana:

Gor blimey yes matey. A worrying switch from Londoner to pirate there :yikes !

I agree with all you say. Yes, hopefully they are working from better source tapes for the live stuff. As I remember, the New Haven boot had fairly poor sound, and was from a gig where they were supporting Jethro Tull.

How can this release be better? - the only way I can think of is if the extras were like the Genesis ones - i.e. including some live video stuff, as well as interviews with all members of the band about the release. We mustn't grumble though, and I'm not!

The price for these Yes releases is great. I refused to buy Aqualung on principal, because of the extortionate price (a decision which I have occasionally regretted!).

:brew

Just order from Burning Shed for all the reasons mentioned above. Support the people who are making the albums we love rather than the people making money on the albums we love.

Need a replavement TAAB? Send the faulty disc or a receipt and your shipping address to: Katy Irizarry

Eagle Rock Ent

1755 Broadway, 5th Fl

NY NY 10019 USA

Need a replavement TAAB? Send the faulty disc or a receipt and your shipping address to: Katy Irizarry

Eagle Rock Ent

1755 Broadway, 5th Fl

NY NY 10019 USA

Thanks :) no good for people outside the U.S. through I imagine and its a bit late for me since I got it when it first came out. ah well.. I'll grab another copy that's corrected when I see one out in the wild :p

I also ordered from Burning Shed too for the above reasons. Close to the Edge took forever to get here from Amazon, although they do have the best return policy if you have a problem.

OT I also ordered the new Brain Salad Surgery from their website although Ive never dealt with them before.

I also ordered The Yes Album BD from Burning Shed. I've bought several DVD-A's from them over the last few years with no problems. Didn't think we'd ever see a 5.1 of this one, though I've been hoping for it since the introduction of the DVD-Audio format.

Very pumped to hear my fave Yes release :smokin

Thanks :) no good for people outside the U.S. through I imagine and its a bit late for me since I got it when it first came out. ah well.. I'll grab another copy that's corrected when I see one out in the wild :p

I emailed her to ask about this. I will start another thread as we are off topic.

Back