Sherwood S-7310 DYNAQUAD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elguapo511

Sherwood S-7310

Hey All,

I have just learned that one of the rooms in the office building where I work is fitted with a Sherwood S-7310. The inhabitants of this room listen to stereo only and are not aware that they have a quad receiver.

I could easily get two more speakers and a turntable, but might it be worth the effort?

I learn a lot every time I hook up a different receiver, so my question is...

How can I make the most of this receiver?
Are there specific Dynaquad recordings?

What you have there is a stereo receiver with a quad effect circuit. Two channels of amplification to drive four speakers with differentiation (passive Dynaquad circuit) of the sound between the two pair of speakers. My Marantz 1040 integrated amp from 1977 had a switch to provide this quad effect if desired.

It is a tease or starter kit as prelude to the real thing.

Hey all,

A question... since it is difficult to find all of this vynil, will i get the same effect if I am playing albums through Spotify?
If they are the same mix?

Are the beach boys on spotify going to give the same results as the Dynaquad lp, if I play it through this Sherwood?

It won't be perfect, but neither was Dynaquad, so enjoy and just listen to the music. It may even sound better if the phase info was corrupted you may get some surprises. I have played SQ and QS encoded mp3s and they made my decoders dance, but not the same as an uncompressed LP.

thanks.

Then Maybe this uncompressed Tidal that Jay Z wants to sell me might be the future

Dynaquad does a good job on EV and QS records if you sit closer to the back speakers.

Back