7 Creedence Clearwater Albums Available as Stereo DSD Downloads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The Super HiRez downloads web site operated by Acoustic Sounds has reissued the 7 Creedence Clearwater Revival albums remastered by Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray from Analog Master Tapes as Stereo DSD Downloads.
The new DSD Downloads were prepared by Gus Skinas at the Super Audio Center. Originally available as Hybrid Stereo SACD discs, it's nice to have these back on the market !

Creedence.jpg
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Creedence Clearwater Revival (Stereo DSD Download, Fantasy Records XAPP8382D64)
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/9...val-Creedence_Clearwater_Revival-DSD_Download

A footnote: Acoustic Sounds still has copies of the last two Creedence Albums, Pendulum and Mardi Gras, available on Hybrid Stereo SACD if you're looking for these on disc.

Thanks for that but I'll need to confirm my ignorance on this subject a little more :)

Just to put this in context, some time back there were unofficial Beatles SACD-R albums about that I suspect came from the 24 bit USB files and also the LZ albums from RTR. Does the DSF file need to be formatted by software to form an SACD-R? I expect that you'd need an authoring tool? I've nothing that will play those DSF files but my Pioneer AV610 plays SACD-Rs

Thanks for that but I'll need to confirm my ignorance on this subject a little more :)

Just to put this in context, some time back there were unofficial Beatles SACD-R albums about that I suspect came from the 24 bit USB files and also the LZ albums from RTR. Does the DSF file need to be formatted by software to form an SACD-R? I expect that you'd need an authoring tool? I've nothing that will play those DSF files but my Pioneer AV610 plays SACD-Rs

There is one *.dsf file per song/album track. They are playable with equipment that has a DSD Digital to Analog Converter (DAC).

Examples for Multichannel DSD Download playback would be the Oppo 103 & 105 Blu-Ray/Universal Disc Players and the exaSound e28 Multichannel DSD/PCM DAC.
For Stereo DSD playback, there are a number of converters, headphone amps, disc players and music server products that playback 2 Channel and Mono DSD Downloads.

Also, see the articles on the web at:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/news-flash-oppo-now-plays-dsd-files
https://www.nativedsd.com/information/getting-started
http://discover.store.sony.com/High-Resolution-Audio/

There's going to be a repressing of the SACD box set so no need to buy expensive downloads. By the way, the new Marantz SA8005 will play DSD files. Apparently it could even play a multi-channel file since it will downmix to stereo. The machine outputs in 2 channel.

There's going to be a repressing of the SACD box set so no need to buy expensive downloads. By the way, the new Marantz SA8005 will play DSD files. Apparently it could even play a multi-channel file since it will downmix to stereo. The machine outputs in 2 channel.

Well, Analogue Productions is selling their SACDs these days for $30 and the DSD Downloads for $24.98. So it's pretty reasonable. Especially if you don't need a boxed set.

The SACD also has a redbook layer and booklet so it's worth the extra $5. And then there are those multi-channel SACDs. What if you want both the stereo and multi-channel version. Would that be two downloads at $24.98 apiece? And then you still wouldn't have the redbook and wouldn't have any way to get it except by buying the SACD, unless the standard CD works for you.

NOTE: Ths is just a generic example. The CCR stuff isn't in multichannel. Not these 7 anyway.

Last edited:

To create a SACD-R you need SACD Authoring software such as Philips SuperAuthor. And it aint that intuitive..

I don't think that that SuperAuthor will handle dsf, but it does handle dff (uncompressed and DST encoded).

The SACD also has a redbook layer and booklet so it's worth the extra $5. And then there are those multi-channel SACDs. What if you want both the stereo and multi-channel version. Would that be two downloads at $24.98 apiece? And then you still wouldn't have the redbook and wouldn't have any way to get it except by buying the SACD, unless the standard CD works for you.
The CCR SACDs were release in MCH?
That's news to me.
Sorry didn't know you couldn't delete a post.:eek:

The CCR SACDs were released in MCH?
That's news to me.

That would be news!

Analogue Productions (owned by Acoustic Sounds) re-licensed the 7 albums originally released as individual Hybrid Stereo SACDs and a Box Set of SACDs for DSD Download release.
The release of the 7 Stereo DSD Downloads was on Friday - as originally announced at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) in Denver last Fall.

AP did not announce any plans for Multichannel SACDs of CCR at RMAF.

The CCR SACD's that were released in 2002 and 2003 like Cosmos and Green River have gotten some bad reviews....I'd love to have both of them but have passed because of the reviews..

I checked the ratings on sa-cd.net which show most people like them. Sure, they'd be better on SHM SACD, but only Bayou Country has come out so far and that one is hard to get now being out of print.

I checked the ratings on sa-cd.net which show most people like them. Sure, they'd be better on SHM SACD, but only Bayou Country has come out so far and that one is hard to get now being out of print.

I screen most of those ratings on SA-CD.net unless it's a reviewer I trust..would you agree with these great ratings on this disc...btw it would have a perfect rating if it wasn't for me:) a lot of these people who vote are voting for the content or probably in this case Steve Hoffman...

Depends on the SHM-SACD. Some of them are superior to earlier SACD editions, others are not.

With remastering by Steve Hoffman from the Original Analog Master Tapes, the Analogue Productions releases on DSD Download, Vinyl LP and Stereo SACD will be hard to be sonically.

Depends on the SHM-SACD. Some of them are superior to earlier SACD editions, others are not.

With remastering by Steve Hoffman from the Original Analog Master Tapes, the Analogue Productions releases on DSD Download, Vinyl LP and Stereo SACD will be hard to be sonically.
There were 2 mastering engineers involved with these CCR SACDs. Here is a picture (blurry, as usual) from the Green River booklet.

The SHM SACD of Bayou Country probably wasn't NR'd. The APO SACD was, so avoid it. No NR was used on the other titles.

Attachments

• green_river_mastered_by.jpg
    green_river_mastered_by.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 156
There were 2 mastering engineers involved with these CCR SACDs. Here is a picture (blurry, as usual) from the Green River booklet.

The SHM SACD of Bayou Country probably wasn't NR'd. The APO SACD was, so avoid it. No NR was used on the other titles.

Steve Hoffman, Kevin Gray and Lon Neumann. It doesn't get better than that!

Back