Santana - all that i am bootleg DTS CD ????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mam

Yesterday arrived

Santana - all that i am

cmnwrtnpri5vixhru.jpg

I`ve never found anything, but I risked it and have been taken in .... :(

Why? There`s a DTS logo, but my player says CD und only stereo, nothing about surround.

Shit. OK, not expensive, only 6 Euro....

Anyone an idea????

Of course, IF it is DTS, you would need to connect it to a decoder. A DTS CD is like a regular CD, EXCEPT that it will ONLY sound like white noise, like what an FM tuner sounds like in between stations, when played WITHOUT a DTS decoder. When decoded, it will accommodate surround sound, usually with either 5.1 or 4 channels.

Many members here own several DTS CD's, made by Miller Nevada, Telarc and other audiophile labels in the late '90's - early 2000's. There are many discs touting themselves as DTS albums in cyberspace, although I suspect that most of them are upmixes. Of course, these aren't legitimate releases.

Caveat emptor.

Legitimate DTS CD's:
Paul+McCartney+and+Wings+-+Venus+And+Mars+-+CD+ALBUM-246230.jpg
00297209_medium.jpeg

Yesterday arrived

Santana - all that i am

cmnwrtnpri5vixhru.jpg

I`ve never found anything, but I risked it and have been taken in .... :(

Why? There`s a DTS logo, but my player says CD und only stereo, nothing about surround.

Shit. OK, not expensive, only 6 Euro....

Anyone an idea????

Try playing it with a DVD or Blu-Ray player, your surround amp ought to decode the DTS. I've a few DTS CDs from DTS Entertainment but I've never seen the Sanatana.

I have now 8 DTS CD Joe Cocker -Night Calls, Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions, Midnight Oil - Capricornia etc

but this thing from Santana plays only in stereo. I`ve played it with my Marantz UD 7006. Nothing about surround.....

If its Chinese, they will use anything to sell it. Their DVD movies often have DVD 9 written on the back of them, however I have never seen one that uses both layers from China. Lately they even use the BluRay logo to say its BluRay quality.
They also use: Gold CD, special mastering, super mastering, platinum CD etc to sell their CDs, they will try anything to sell it.

Note to self:

1) Buy up cut-out bin CDs at bargain prices
2) Create obi strips with surround sound logos in Photoshop and print on InkJet printer
3) Place obi strips on cut-out CDs and list for auction on eBay
4) ?????
5) PROFIT

Back