• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Zektor MAS 7.1 analog switch

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The advantage of the Zektor is that it can be operated by remote control. I bought mine used from a QQ member, so I'm not sure that the remote comes standard. He was gracious enough to send me the remote.

IF you only need a 4 ch switch, I strongly recommend the Russound QT-1. I bought that one from Gaylord Russell himself before it was available to the public. It is passive and manually switched. Some users have found it confusing. I haven't. It is far and away the most versatile piece of a/v gear I've ever owned or sold. I've owned hundreds of pieces and have sold thousands more. Even with the Zektor integrated within my main system, I still use the Russound. It's the curse of having a wall of gear fourteeen feet wide by seven feet high.
mHrtNF-ObQie0kUpoBAN3TA.jpg
$(KGrHqR,!nYFIKMdJ-b+BSG(u02zWw~~60_35.JPG
They were made in white, black and rack mount.

The MAS7.1 was Zektor's top of the line and final offering before they branched away from those smaller consumer switches and into the bigger venue size switches. Universal optical disc players and HDMI kind of changed the game for the "need" for these kind of switches (although we still need them).

The CVS4 and HDS4.1 are identical switches (the CVS4 is the fancier version, but they function identically), and are the next step down from the MAS7.1. They are 4-input, 1-output, 6-channel analog switches (also handles digital optical and digital coax). For quad fans, they allow you to have 4 decoders funneled down to one group of input/output RCA jacks. I currently run two of the CVS4's in my set-up; one for descrete sources, and one for matrix sources. They are nice products.

There is actaully an HDS4.1 on the 'Bay right now (I have no connection to it), at a very reasonable price, and looks to be in very good condition. I was going to say I don't know how often the Russound QT-1's come up, but I'll be damned, there's also one on the 'Bay right now, the very one Quad Linda pointed out. They are crazy work horses of switching, though I've never owned one personally. Looks like the choice is yours right now.

^ Cool !!!!!

Thanks so much everyone..

Had no idea the CVS4's and HDS4.1 could be used as a passive 5.1 analog switch. This is awesome and simply perfect !!!

Just bought a CVS4.1 ...

Thanks for all the help.... appreciate it !!!

But that Russound thing sure looks cool!!!

Can you route 5.1 analog thru it?

Man that thing looks awesome....

But what do you do with that thing? hahaha

I have been using as a 5.1 switch box

ATLONA AT- CV41R Component Switch with IR learning

It has a remote and 4 sets of 5.1 in and 1 set 5.1 out

I use the Component Red Blue Green F/L F/C F/R

the red white audio R/L R/R

Digital Sub

I have a 4 5.1 units plugged into it and have never had a problem

It works perfectly

Last edited:
^ Nice

We need to keep this thread going as the options will start to drop off and the audio industry just doesn't get we hate HDMI and there is a real ongoing need for 5.1 analog out... :)

The Russound QT-1 works for 4.0, since it was designed in the mid-70's. It accommodates four play/record devices with it's internal switching. In addition, it features loops for n/r encode, decode, and equalizer. It also has a 2ch decoder output, and a bus, which can serve as an additional 2ch input. ALL devices can be inputted through the rear. Beyond that, it has 1/8" mini jacks on the front panel, allowing several inputs and outputs and virtually an unlimited number of devices.

This box does it all for Quad. An additional 2ch or 4ch box can be added to give it 5.1/6.0 or 7.1/8.0 capabilities. In these scenarios, there would be two sets of switches. Until I acquired a Zektor, I used it with an additional 2ch box for 5.1.

Spouses may have a difficult time understanding its' functions. In that respect, the modern boxes are far simpler to understand.

But that Russound thing sure looks cool!!!

Can you route 5.1 analog thru it?

Man that thing looks awesome....

But what do you do with that thing? hahaha

Back