New Anathema album announced. No news on 5.1 yet, though...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news, Distant Satellites will be released in hi-res 5.1. More info in anathema's Facebook and online store!!!

Looks like 5.1 24-bit (DVD-A? as there is a DVD-V with the documentary), from the Burning Shed KScope site,

DVD - Distant Satellites 5.1 (mixed by Jens Bogren) / 24-bit Hi-Res Stereo:

1. The Lost Song part 1 (5:54)
2. The Lost Song part 2 (5:45)
3. Dusk (dark is descending) (6:00)
4. Ariel (6:29)
5. The Lost Song part 3 (5:22)
6. Anathema (6:41)
7. You're Not Alone (3:27)
8. Firelight (2:43)
9. Distant Satellites (8:18)
10. Take Shelter (6:07)

DVD-V:

The making of Distant Satellites.

I still can't get over the disappointment of their last concert on blu-ray being stereo only. I even paid for FedEx priority shipping to get it to Australia as I was having music get together at my place (after a big AFL finals game).

I never did watch/listen to all that disc... :(

The live disc is still good, but yeah it really makes you do a "Things that make you go hmm..." face when you consider that their last two albums were presented in 5.1 including one mixed by Steven Wilson and their ongoing relationship with him. I mean, everyone and their uncles puts out concert Blu-rays in 5.1 and the band that is about to have three 5.1 studio albums released did a stereo-only Blu-ray. lol.

Great news on the 5.1 mix, once we get confirmation it's DVD-A then I'm in.

I still can't get over the disappointment of their last concert on blu-ray being stereo only. I even paid for FedEx priority shipping to get it to Australia as I was having music get together at my place (after a big AFL finals game).

I never did watch/listen to all that disc... :(

It is a fantastic bluray, with great fidelity, despite the lack of surround. I admit I was disappointed at first too. But once I got over it, and simply enjoyed the performance, it really enjoyed it! Give it another chance.

Just got this reply from Bandstores:

''Hi Simon,

Here's the response we got from the record label:

"Audio DVD-V as follows:

DTS 5.1 Surround

Dolby AC3 5.1 Surround

48/24 Stereo LPCM

Sorry there are no plans to offer a lossless .flac download of the 5.1 mix or a DVD-A or Blu-ray on this release."

Hope this helps,
Customer Services''

A shame it won't be lossless but I am glad there is a DTS track for the 5.1 because I usually find those to be excellent and the Opeth dts Jens has done sound great.

I just got a very similar reply from Burning Shed:

Here's the information I've just received from the label:

Audio DVD-V:

DTS 5.1 Surround
Dolby AC3 5.1 Surround
48/24 Stereo LPCM

I asked about a flac download like Weather Systems and they responded:

I've already asked them (you're not the only person interested in that download! ;))

They probably won't make that decision before the album is released though.

So, perhaps the download isn't out of the question. But, they probably don't want to impact potential album sales by offering it right away.

Looks like there is a CD+Blu-ray version of this in Japan, can anyone read the info on this page?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-l...E3K/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

[CD+Blu-ray, Limited Edition]

Google translate says:

[First Press Limited Edition BLU-RAY AUDIO contents;
* Track List is the same as the CD.

High-quality stereo sound source high-quality sound 5.1ch surround

I've placed an order for it from CD Japan, works out to around US$39 shipped. Will follow up once it comes in with the audio options. Hopefully it's not lossy dts and Dolby, haha.

Looks like there is a CD+Blu-ray version of this in Japan, can anyone read the info on this page?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-l...E3K/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

[CD+Blu-ray, Limited Edition]

Google translate says:

I've placed an order for it from CD Japan, works out to around US$39 shipped. Will follow up once it comes in with the audio options. Hopefully it's not lossy dts and Dolby, haha.

Its 24b/48K DTS HD MA 5.1.

More info in this thread:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Wilson)-June-9&p=212220&viewfull=1#post212220

You can also compare prices on the sa-cd.net site:
http://sa-cd.net/showtitle/9867
I wonder who got it put up there....:eek:

Back