Belafonte at Carnegie Hall: The Complete Concert in 3 Channel Stereo SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The old HK SACD was stereo-only?

Yes

586075154_338140e4e2.jpg

Weird how they removed the Living Stereo banner from the Hong Kong SACD artwork.

I'm sure it will be and it's the complete concert unlike the Hong Kong Highlights version.

On Acoustic Sounds it says Shipping November 2014 so only a couple more mos. to wait.

I just digitized my Reel Society tape on Saturday. That release is an interesting combination of the old dying as the new is born: I think it was the last non-Columbia House reel I ever bought...and the reel label was a one-off created on one of those fancy new dot matrix printers! Oh, and "Carnegie" is misspelled on it.

Both the stereo and quad versions spelled Carnegie wrong. The original release was correct.

I couldn't get the pictures to appear in the correct order no matter how hard I tried. Some change to this site?

Attachments

• 3bela_orig_label35.jpg
    3bela_orig_label35.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 306
  • 2bela_q_label35.jpg
    2bela_q_label35.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 310
  • 1bela_2ch_label35.jpg
    1bela_2ch_label35.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 311
A 3-track mix with rear ambiance would make sense in this context, given the legendary hall's acoustics. Still, a complete concert in 3-track will be a treat indeed!

ED :)

A 3-track mix with rear ambiance would make sense in this context, given the legendary hall's acoustics. Still, a complete concert in 3-track will be a treat indeed!

ED :)

My understanding is that the Multichannel SACD will be a 3 Channel Stereo version taken from the Analog Master Tapes. The same on the upcoming Tony Bennett at Carnegie Hall Multichannel SACD.
Analogue Productions says that the new 3 Channel Stereo SACD will "blow away" the sound of the current RCA HK SACD edition. Looking forward to it.

Acoustic Sounds now shows the release date as Coming February 06, 2015

My understanding is that the Multichannel SACD will be a 3 Channel Stereo version taken from the Analog Master Tapes. The same on the upcoming Tony Bennett at Carnegie Hall Multichannel SACD.

Analogue Productions says that the new 3 Channel Stereo SACD will "blow away" the sound of the current RCA HK SACD edition. Looking forward to it.

Looks like this one is getting close now. Acoustic Sounds shows it being released on March 24, 2015.

Belafonte at Carnegie Hall.jpg

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/9...nte_At_Carnegie_Hall-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

Back