Amused to Death in 5.1 SACD Surround Sound !

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An in depth article about the Princeton convention and 5.1 playback by Julie Skaggs,

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/princeton/intro.htm

Thanks, great read! Could "Animals" be next?

I was among the few that didn't follow Rogers solo career after the Floyd break-up. So I am really looking forward to this release, as I have no real preconceived notions about it, except for what I've read. It was kind of sour grapes on my part, as I followed David Gilmour and his endeavors to keep the band going without Waters. IMO, the "New" Floyd was very good but kind of lost it's edge without Roger Waters lyrics and direction. I had always held on to the wish that one day they would mend fences and re-unite. Especially after the Live 8 concert performance in 2005. Now that Rick Wright has passed, who in my opinion was was a truly gifted and irreplaceable piece of the puzzle, plus the fact that the boys aren't getting any younger. I just hope for the albums (remixed in surround) that we haven't got yet. I'd like to see Meddle, Animals and The Wall get the 5.1 treatment on BD or SACD. Hopefully before I get too old to listen to them.

Dennis

An update - Acoustic Sounds has changed the release date on the Amused to Death Multichannel SACD to "Arrival Date to be Announced".
They are awaiting the release date from Sony Music.

Now I see that it is pushed back for release November 5th 2014! It's been pushed back 3 times already. First it was Oct 17 2013, then April 2014, then Sept 23. 2014, and now November??? From my understanding they have already had a preview at the Pink Floyd University back in April. So, is this a pressing issue I wonder, or is it tweaking of the final production?! Only time will tell....maybe they can just release this at the same time as The Wall 5.1 slated for 2017!
I'm really anticipating this release, especially now that it is 5.1, but can we get a FIRM date and stick with it?

Now I see that it is pushed back for release November 5th 2014! It's been pushed back 3 times already. First it was Oct 17 2013, then April 2014, then Sept 23. 2014, and now November??? From my understanding they have already had a preview at the Pink Floyd University back in April. So, is this a pressing issue I wonder, or is it tweaking of the final production?! Only time will tell....maybe they can just release this at the same time as The Wall 5.1 slated for 2017!��
I'm really anticipating this release, especially now that it is 5.1, but can we get a FIRM date and stick with it?

My understanding is that the release date on the SACD has been dependent on the record label. Last time I checked with Acoustic Sounds, they were waiting on Sony Music. That's how it goes sometimes - the reissue labels are anxious to release a hot title but get delayed by artist review of mastering and/or a remix, there is a wait for the record label that owns the underlying rights to the band and album, etc.

As I've said in the past, working with the reissue labels and seeing the hurdles they have to navigate for many of their releases, I'm sometimes surprised the reissues on SACD ever hit the finish line.

During the Tour of the Super Audio Center in Boulder, Colorado at last weekend's Rocky Mountain Audio Festival, two tracks from the upcoming Multichannel SACD edition of "Amused to Death" by Roger Waters were played. Sounded very good.

As soon as the record label clears the release, it should be scheduled. Looking forward to it !

Yes, and 2015 is now not so far away. I'm just now letting myself get excited about this one. Went ahead and put in a pre-order. Just so I can admire it...lol!

Bring on The Wall! Bring on Animals!

Yes, and 2015 is now not so far away. I'm just now letting myself get excited about this one. Went ahead and put in a pre-order. Just so I can admire it...lol!

Bring on The Wall! Bring on Animals!

Having heard two of the James Guthrie 5.1 DSD mixes from this upcoming album at the Super Audio Center, I can tell you this one is on my pre-order list as well. Definitely worth looking forward to it!

Having heard two of the James Guthrie 5.1 DSD mixes from this upcoming album at the Super Audio Center, I can tell you this one is on my pre-order list as well. Definitely worth looking forward to it!

That's great news.....I'm pretty dang excited about this one....

The release of Amused to Death on Multichannel SACD is getting closer. Latest word from Acoustic Sounds is that June 2015 is the target release date.

The release of Amused to Death on Multichannel SACD is getting closer. Latest word from Acoustic Sounds is that June 2015 is the target release date.

A quick update on this one. Acoustic Sounds is preparing to announce the details and release date for Amused to Death on Multichannel SACD.

Contrary to rumors on the Internet, this one is very much alive and about to head to market according to Acoustic Sounds.

Stay tuned....

A quick update on this one. Acoustic Sounds is preparing to announce the details and release date for Amused to Death on Multichannel SACD.
Contrary to rumors on the Internet, this one is very much alive and about to head to market according to Acoustic Sounds.

Stay tuned....

Thank you. This is big news!
Great! :)

I'm not...but I will get it...I think Roger's time has passed..what he did with PF was remarkable...and I loved it...but I think that was his big moment...amused was back in 92 and didn't show me anything...I'm in this one for the surround only...

I'm not...but I will get it...I think Roger's time has passed..what he did with PF was remarkable...and I loved it...but I think that was his big moment...amused was back in 92 and didn't show me anything...I'm in this one for the surround only...

The last three songs are killer.
I always loved the deep but super-clear bass in them.
I'm sure this will be a big sounding release. :)

The last three songs are killer.
I always loved the deep but super-clear bass in them.
I'm sure this will be a big sounding release. :)

Based on the track I heard in 5.1 SACD last October at the Super Audio Center, it will be a good one.

I have never heard this full album, but being a big fan of all things Pink Floyd, this is a must buy for me!

The Stereo CD version of Amused to Death is QSound encoded. If you play that edition through the Surround Master, the Surround Sound effects are pretty amazing.

Definitely looking forward to the Multichannel SACD edition from Analogue Productions.

The Stereo CD version of Amused to Death is QSound encoded. If you play that edition through the Surround Master, the Surround Sound effects are pretty amazing.
Definitely looking forward to the Multichannel SACD edition from Analogue Productions.

I dig the Marv Albert play by play of a nuclear strike..

Back