Roger Waters Amused to Death in 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that deal and grabbed it too. Only good through midnight 5/24 though- that's when their 15% off everything sale ends.

Just jumped on the deal myself, placed a couple of other orders within the last month from Wow and yet to receive those, these guys are legit I hope.

Just jumped on the deal myself, placed a couple of other orders within the last month from Wow and yet to receive those, these guys are legit I hope.

They can take a while, but I've had all my stuff turn up...eventually.

They can take a while, but I've had all my stuff turn up...eventually.

This is my 1st order from them. Sorry to hear about the slow service; I'm really looking forward to this disc... But often we have to choose between price/service. I recently got Storm Corrosion brand new for less than $9, but had to wait for it to arrive from UK- though the wait wasn't too bad at all. Ordered Trilogy from Germany for $19 shipped and it's yet to arrive. I can be patient for most things. What I'm really growing impatient of is the announcement of SW's next Yes re-mix! In years past, we would have gotten the disc already; this year, we don't even know what it will be yet- who knows when it'll be released. I'm thinking we're only gonna get 1 this year- and that 1 will be Fragile. I'm dying for Tales! But we have Progeny coming, which I'm sure is why the SW's have been delayed- so I can't complain too much.

With the excuse of The Wall Live premiere there's a chance of make questions to Roger and Nick. I've bombed the site with questions about the rest of Roger's and PF back catalogue in 5.1.
Perhaps if we all ask about The Wall in 5.1 we will raise some interest... Just follow the link http://rogerwatersthewall.com/question.php

With the excuse of The Wall Live premiere there's a chance of make questions to Roger and Nick. I've bombed the site with questions about the rest of Roger's and PF back catalogue in 5.1.
Perhaps if we all ask about The Wall in 5.1 we will raise some interest... Just follow the link http://rogerwatersthewall.com/question.php

Cesar, good idea, have sent in a question about 5.1 as well for more albums to be done.

Same here.

And to briefly go off topic and respond to ProgRules' post, I do think you're right that the Progeny box has pushed back a potential spring release for another SW Yes remix.
After the release of "Relayer" this past fall, I thought we would get "Fragile" in the Spring, followed by "Tales" in the Fall, but if we are only getting one remix this year, I hope they go with "Tales" and not with "Fragile". They can always wait and put out "Fragile" next Spring (2016) at the earliest, and I don't think any of us would mind the wait. Tales is another story however...

Public opinion has no effect on any PF related releases. Besides, Guthrie has been working on The Wall in 5.1 for at least a year now. According to him the original tapes are in pretty bad shape and a challenge to transfer. I believe the original album falls under the original band's domain so Roger would only have a one-third vote as well.

Public opinion has no effect on any PF related releases. Besides, Guthrie has been working on The Wall in 5.1 for at least a year now. According to him the original tapes are in pretty bad shape and a challenge to transfer. I believe the original album falls under the original band's domain so Roger would only have a one-third vote as well.

I Believe that Roger has all the say on the wall as part of the 'divorce' from the band, and settlement.

I Believe that Roger has all the say on the wall as part of the 'divorce' from the band, and settlement.
I'm not sure if that applies to material performed as Pink Floyd (pre-1985). The band had their say about "Is There Anybody Out There?" (Waters hated the cover and was out-voted) and The Wall Immersion box.

What's the story on the Blu-ray, will it have the same (or more:upthumb) content as the SACD?

Looks like it will be the same content, just high-res PCM as opposed to DSD.
I'm sticking with just the Blu-Ray edition for now unless the SACD edition has some great unique packaging that's different to the Blu-Ray one, then I'll go for both. :)

Ahhhhhhhhh Crap - Amazon canceled my order tonight Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ordered from Elusive Disc now. Cheap Snood did not want to pay 10 bux shipping from AcousticSounds :rolleyes:

I received my email from Amazon at 4:21 pm pacific time but did not see it until now. Guess I'll be ordering the Blu-ray. No skin off my nose because, as of my system update a few days ago, all my SACD and DSD files get converted to PCM anyway.

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Waters, Roger "Amused to Death"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F4TKLEW

If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us?ref=fxm_em_2_4

For more details about the status of this order, please visit the "Your Account" page:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
http://www.amazon.com/customer-service?ref=fxm_em_2_4

Ahhhhhhhhh Crap - Amazon canceled my order tonight Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ordered from Elusive Disc now. Cheap Snood did not want to pay 10 bux shipping from AcousticSounds :rolleyes:

There is another option...shipping included and no tax for Snoody-Dude HERE

Don't worry...Snood not cheap...Clint be cheaper...ordered blu ray for $18.83 from WOW in Aussie land..pay pal...we will see what happens with that order:walker

Great videos. Somehow I missed them on my FB feed. This record is so important in planting the seed of my own views of the world. Not that mine and his are aligned, but there is certainly much overlap. I first heard it when I was 13 and to hear these new mixes 18 years later will be a treat. Surround really works for me when I know the record like the back of my hand, because now I can hear it from a much different sonic plane.

Last edited:
Great videos. Somehow I missed them on my FB feed. This record is so important in planting the seed of my own views of the world. Not that mine and his are aligned, but there is certainly much overlap. I first heard it when I was 13 and to hear these new mixes 18 years later will be a treat. Surround really works for me when I know the record like the back of my hand, because now I can hear it from a much different sonic plane.

Yeah, agreed about the "back of my hand". For me, listening to Dark Side, Brothers in Arms or We Can't Dance in 5.1 after many, many years of stereo was huge. I've since caught up on 5.1 versions of albums I previously knew, so I have to count on future remixes to get the same experience again... Fingers crossed for Phil Collins!!

Discovering music for the first time because of 5.1 (like Lichtmond, David Elias and believe it or not, Bob Dylan) has been a real treat for me, but I must admit the biggest experience has been the re-discovery of stuff I (thought I) knew by heart.

Back