Amused to Death in 5.1 SACD Surround Sound !

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dig the Marv Albert play by play of a nuclear strike..

Some really excellent sound effects on this one. After hearing the preview track in 5.1 DSD from Analogue Productions and the QSound encoded CD through the Surround Master this should be fun!

I have the SACD pre-ordered on amazon.com, but they remove the SACD from their site.
This has probably happened before, where I thought I had ordered a Yes DVD-A but received the BluRay, that I cannot play. If Amazon won't fix this I will cancel the order.

Edit: this is their response
I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Let me check this issue for you.

To your utmost attention, I checked and found that the item is no longer available on our website. In this case, I request you to cancel this order and place a new order for the item.
Then they gave a link where I had the choice between mp3, CD or vinyl. The SACD is gone.
I guess they didn't want me to have it at $25 anymore ...

Last edited:
I have the SACD pre-ordered on amazon.com, but they remove the SACD from their site.
This has probably happened before, where I thought I had ordered a Yes DVD-A but received the BluRay, that I cannot play. If Amazon won't fix this I will cancel the order.

Edit: this is their response

Then they gave a link where I had the choice between mp3, CD or vinyl. The SACD is gone.
I guess they didn't want me to have it at $25 anymore ...

Not sure about Amazon.Com. I order the Analogue Productions SACDs from Acoustic Sounds since they own AP and you get the SACDs first from them.

In fact, I was playing their new 3-Channel SACD Stereo edition of Belafonte at Carnegie Hall: The Complete Concert yesterday.

There are advantages in going straight to the source!

The time from announcing a title to release can be long. And in some cases releases fall out and get cancelled along the way.

That's why I recommend to the reissue companies and download sites that they not announce titles until they are pretty close to release.
Or even when they are available. If possible.

That eliminates a lot of the stress and strife on line - and limits it to those who are involved in the development and production process. :)

On the other hand, big name artist titles are going to generate a host of rumors ahead of release in any case.
For those titles, early announcing reissues is probably the only choice to get at least some official information out there ahead of the actual release.

The time from announcing a title to release can be long. And in some cases releases fall out and get cancelled along the way.

That's why I recommend to the reissue companies and download sites that they not announce titles until they are pretty close to release.
Or even when they are available. If possible.

That eliminates a lot of the stress and strife on line - and limits it to those who are involved in the development and production process. :)

On the other hand, big name artist titles are going to generate a host of rumors ahead of release in any case.
For those titles, early announcing reissues is probably the only choice to get at least some official information out there ahead of the actual release.

YES! Thank you!
We have fallen victim to that too much lately, and "Amused to Death" is just one example of that. ("Trilogy" of course being another obvious example.)
AF are smart to not announce a release until it's ready to go, and if more labels followed that mode of thinking all of the time, I think we would be better off, because things can and will change, so sometimes it's best if we know as little as possible.

Another thing we have fallen victim to lately is shoddy pre-release info, not from AF, but from many other companies and labels. It's like how can we be expected to want or buy something when we don't even know what's actually on it?!

Here's an opportunity to hear the remastered edition of Amused to Death by Roger Waters. At this week's The Show Newport at the Hotel Irvine, Acoustic Sounds owner Chad Kassem will be playing tracks from upcoming Acoustic Sounds releases - including Amused to Death. Should be an interesting event.

Amused to Death at The Show Newport.jpg

https://twitter.com/Vinyl_Lives/status/603323005893226496/photo/1

I'll be there on Friday, maybe I can talk them into playing it early?

vinylguy4

Funny you mention Friday at The Show Newport.

An announcement from Sonic Flare (room 1119 at the show) says that Chad Kassem of Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions will be speaking on Friday about his 2015 release plans and playing some selections.
Sonic Flare also says they will be sneak previewing some of the upcoming Analogue Productions titles - such as the ones from Henry Mancini. You'll want to mark this room on your list - and 4:30pm on your calendar.

There may be some Roger Waters there as well - even though it isn't part of the Sonic Flare announcement. Who knows?

Sonic Flare and Chad Kassem event.jpg

Funny you mention Friday at The Show Newport.

An announcement from Sonic Flare (room 1119 at the show) says that Chad Kassem of Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions will be speaking on Friday about his 2015 release plans and playing some selections.
Sonic Flare also says they will be sneak previewing some of the upcoming Analogue Productions titles - such as the ones from Henry Mancini. You'll want to mark this room on your list - and 4:30pm on your calendar.

There may be some Roger Waters there as well - even though it isn't part of the Sonic Flare announcement. Who knows?

View attachment 19031
Sure would be tough to get there on Friday. Too bad. That would be really interesting. So I guess he won't be there Saturday and Sunday then.

Sure would be tough to get there on Friday. Too bad. That would be really interesting. So I guess he won't be there Saturday and Sunday then.

See message # 81 above. Chad will be there Saturday, playing the newly remastered Amused to Death in the Audio Skies room (1445). That's probably the one to be at. I'm going to try and get to both.

Ahhhhhhhhh Crap - Amazon canceled my order tonight Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ordered from Elusive Disc now. Cheap Snood did not want to pay 10 bux shipping from AcousticSounds :rolleyes:

Ahhhhhhhhh Crap - Amazon canceled my order tonight Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ordered from Elusive Disc now. Cheap Snood did not want to pay 10 bux shipping from AcousticSounds :rolleyes:

Seriously??!! My pre-order is with Amazon as well. Mine is still in place. Says I placed order on April 16th.

Seriously??!! My pre-order is with Amazon as well. Mine is still in place. Says I placed order on April 16th.

I had ordered the SACD...........not the bluray

Kinda getting trepidations on ordering blurays that come out screwed up.........have had no probs with sacds.

Well speaking of the SACD, Acoustic Sounds have finally posted some packshots of their SACD edition of this album

CAPP_468761_SA__89110__07232015015523-3315.jpg
CAPP_468761_SA__89110__07232015020606-9642.jpg
CAPP_468761_SA__89110__07232015021911-4710.jpg

Well speaking of the SACD, Acoustic Sounds have finally posted some pack shots of their SACD edition of this album

The Multichannel SACD edition of the album is available all right.
And here it is, courtesy of the Fed Ex delivery person.... :)

Amused to Death - SACD - Back - 65p.jpg

Back