HiRez Poll Lieberman, Lori - BRICKS AGAINST THE GLASS [BDA]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Lori Lieberman - BRICKS AGAINST THE GLASS

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
What's up with that blue case? Looks like something a movie would come in.

exactly what wavelength said :) this isn't one of Universal's HFPA's, it's from a label called "Drive on Records".

guys, I'm just giving you a heads up here..

Forget the blue case, forget the cost and the shipping and the hassle getting it or whatever.

This is a very special disc.. the music's gorgeous, the mix is extraordinary and fidelity is to die for.

We are this discs target audience and just as with similar releases (Music Valet's "Better Than Ezra", for example) we have to get behind the little guys when they deliver the goods with the kind of release we are always craving.

exactly what wavelength said :) this isn't one of Universal's HFPA's, it's from a label called "Drive on Records".

guys, I'm just giving you a heads up here..

Forget the blue case, forget the cost and the shipping and the hassle getting it or whatever.

This is a very special disc.. the music's gorgeous, the mix is extraordinary and fidelity is to die for.

We are this discs target audience and just as with similar releases (Music Valet's "Better Than Ezra", for example) we have to get behind the little guys when they deliver the goods with the kind of release we are always craving.

First: I'm still pissed off about the shipping cost :howl
Second: I already ordered it last night :cool:
Third: I'm still pissed off about the shipping cost :howl
Fourth: I'm sure I'll forget about the shipping cost and be thanking you soon :sun
Lastly: Agreed, gots to get behind releases such as this

I've been listening to this album on bandcamp, and it sounds quite good.

Has anyone from Canada bought this yet? Acoustic Sounds requires a minimum $100 order before shipping to Canada. Elusive Disc is out of stock. It isn't available on Amazon.

The best I've found is this ebay listing, which is a little on the pricey side after shipping to Canada.

Thanks fredblue for the suggestion! I wouldn't have heard about this album any other way!

Adam, where did you order this from. I see amazon.uk has it listed for 22 pounds, did you order from them and how much did this one cost you?
I am having to think of cost as am looking at a hefty plumbing bill in our home.

peter

Adam, where did you order this from. I see amazon.uk has it listed for 22 pounds, did you order from them and how much did this one cost you?
I am having to think of cost as am looking at a hefty plumbing bill in our home.

peter

Its unfortunate Peter because when I ordered it, Amazon UK was charging £15 with immediate dispatch. Then they sold out & price went up to £22 with 7-9 day turnaround.

I've been listening to this album on bandcamp, and it sounds quite good.

Has anyone from Canada bought this yet? Acoustic Sounds requires a minimum $100 order before shipping to Canada. Elusive Disc is out of stock. It isn't available on Amazon.

The best I've found is this ebay listing, which is a little on the pricey side after shipping to Canada.

Thanks fredblue for the suggestion! I wouldn't have heard about this album any other way!

Thanks SMS :) I can't take any credit, I'm just passing info on. I read about it ages ago before it came out, then I recall SA-CD.net member rammiepie bought it and mentioned it, I still couldn't find it for sale anywhere here. Then the Amazon UK listing went live the other week and I leapt on it. It's worth the expense and hassle.

Edit: I should add QQ member vinylguy4 reminded me to go looking for this again at the end of last month, by bringing up the disc in the HFPA thread, so thank you to him too!

Last edited:
Discussion over at SA-CD.net, the producer of this disc posted:

"As a representative for Drivonrecords and one of the Producers of this Pure Audio Blu Ray, it drives me crazy that Amazon is advertising this disc which they do not even have in inventory for $48. The MSRP of this disc available on the Acoustic Sounds website or on our website www.lorilieberman.com is $29.98. It is also available as a DSD or Flac on the Hi Rez downloads website for either $17.95 or $24.95 depending on the version.

Thanks

Joseph Cali"

now this helps QQ members in the States.. but in Europe and elsewhere, I don't know what to suggest.

edit: also I don't know what he means, as I got it from Amazon UK no problem..

Further on in that discussion, I responded..

"AudioJoe4070 said:

Fred
Thank you for your positive comments on this wonderful Pure Audio Bluray. As I have said in a previous post Lori and I had a lot of reservations about working in surround and after turning over the tracks to the remarkably capable Ronald Prent and Darcy Proper we were thrilled at the result and the subleties with which he mixed and she mastered the tracks . Lori felt the arrangements were actually enhanced by the format used on this Pure Audio Disc. For the record, the disc should retail for $29.98 USD . And is available as a Hi Rez download in DSD format for $24.95. The Pure Audio BluRay is available on the Acoustic Sounds website or our website www. lorilieberman.com

You're welcome Mr.Cali

I would like to congratulate you on your superb work on this Blu-ray Pure Audio.

you are very welcome here at sa-cd.net, please don't be a stranger here we are a friendly bunch.

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving us clarification on all the points raised in the discussion so far.

I have been singing the praises of this most wonderful disc wherever and whenever I can, it really does showcase the very best of Blu-ray Pure Audio so far.

here at sa-cd.net, the Steve Hoffman Forums and especially QuadraphonicQuad Forums are the places you should also drop by and interact with membership. We are committed to Hi-Res and surround and to Blu-ray Audio, we've been thru all the ups and downs of Hi-Res and Surround music and where other labels have gone wrong or conversely been successful, we can help you out if you would like some feedback anytime?

Can I ask if you are planning more of the same? That is, more Hi-Res Surround Blu-ray Audio releases of music by either Lori Lieberman or other artists in your roster?

I know I would buy every album you release on Blu-ray Audio if the music and surround mix of your future releases are upto the impeccable high standards of this Lori Lieberman Blu-ray.

Kind regards,
Adam

I haven't had a response yet.

Scrap that, Lori's site seems to be down right now. Acoustic Sounds it is I guess.

Amazon may come up with the goods again in time but for now they seem to have a supply problem or something, it seems.

Back