Gentle Giant "Power & Glory" Blu Ray & DVD mixed by SW coming early Summer '14

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just announced on the official Gentle Giant Facebook page;

OK...it is official:
The remixed version of 'The Power & The Glory' by Steven Wilson will be released worldwide in the early summer.
Caroline/EMI-N.America
Soulfood/ROW.
It will include..

Blue ray version:
Steven Wilson Mix
Album with video
96/24 Stereo LPCM
DTS 5.1 Master Audio
Bonus Track:
The Power and the Glory (single)
Instrumental Versions
Album with screen saver
96/24 Stereo LPCM
Bonus Tracks:
Aspirations (out-take)
DVD
Steven Wilson Mix
Album with video
96/24 Stereo LPCM
DTS 96/24 5.1
Dolby AC3 5.1
Bonus Track:
Original 1974 Studio Mix
Transferred flat - 96/24 LPCM
CD
Steven Wilson Mix
Album
Bonus Tracks:
Aspirations (Instrumental out-take)

Hope a few old & new fans will enjoy.

I really hope this is real this time!
I was pissed the last time they posted about this when it was pulled and told it was just a rumor.
But if it is true, then AWESOME!

"The Yes Album" this month, "Brain Salad Surgery" in May, "A Passion Play" in June, and now this in either June or July?! What an amazing year this will be! :)

Yes! It appears to be for real this time. Great news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Excited about Gentle Giant

I thought Roxy Music also were suposed to have high res versions of all their albums out last year, didn't happen and we got CDs instead.

I have word from Steven that he just finished to remix this album yesterday.

Looks like someone at Gentle Giant's just can't wait! :D

I'm hoping the 5.1 BD will be a small/cheap package rather than a big expensive box :)

Hello m8, :)

Its Gentle Giant, they can hardly command premium prices. I'm sure it will be sold at a reasonable price.

@rt: This is about as good a bit of news that we can expect. GG has no corporate music muscle behind them, so an Official FaceBook release is all we will probably get.
I dare say it is time to dance in the streets! :banana:

For me, this is an absolute dream come true. GG P&G is one of my Desert Island discs and to get a SW 5.1 discrete mix is a miracle. I will play this one endlessly. By cooincidence, I was playing the quad mix of Freehand this weekend. It is nice to have that in surround but I think that 4.0 mix is not even close to a proper SW 5.1 remix.

Steven Wilson is frankly Heaven Sent. Without him we wouldn't have the ELP, Crimson, Tull and probably YES done in 5.1. He is pretty much single-handedly providing these precious recordings in 5.1. I am about to burn all my 2.0 collection and just listen all day to the 5.1 discrete mixes I have. I consider they make that big a difference.

All Hail Steven Wilson! :banana: :banana: :banana:

-Edit-

P.S. I don't mean to say that SW produces the product all on his own, I mean to say that he is the driving force to get music remixed into 5.1.
We all know that it takes a lot of talent & work from several people to deliver a 5.1 product for sale. We still love people like Neil Wilkes and that will never change. (y)

Last edited:
So looking forward to this! I have it on vinyl and the stereo is cleverly done. I always thought it would be great for a 5.1 mix.

I have word from Steven that he just finished to remix this album yesterday.

Looks like someone at Gentle Giant's just can't wait! :D

Thanks, Plan9! I hope it will be the first of many GG remixes. I'd especially love "In a Glass House" and "Octopus", but I'll take any of the first 6 records! :)

Thanks, Plan9! I hope it will be the first of many GG remixes. I'd especially love "In a Glass House" and "Octopus", but I'll take any of the first 6 records! :)

Hey man,

I am so with you here. For me, I'd like next: Free Hand, Octopus and actually Giant For A Day. :mad:@: No kidding(y)

Since SW is so busy with all his music production and remixing other bands... I think the best we could ask for is he passes the torch for Gentle Giant
5.1 remixes to somebody else. This way he doesn't get more bogged down than he currently is.

There is such a small group of current champions of 5.1 remixing. We need more! Clearly SW can't remix everybody's favorite recording...

I really hope that "In a Glass House" gets the same treatment. Playing the Fool would be an excellent choice too! I wonder if he is interested in remixing a live album?

BTW, I never get this summer or fall release date because I never think in those terms. Apart from the fact that those seasons are not mine either. A month would be nice

I think that my real favourite to be remixed as above would be Hamburger Concerto by Focus. Let's get Steven Wilson on to that one please? Birth, apart from the title track, would be glorious in surround

Back