Peter Gabriel IV/Security

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atrocity

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
A friend gave me FLACs of the Japanese "black triangle" CD of Peter Gabriel's fourth solo album. Last night I sat in the dark listening through the Involve decoder and...WOW!

There were a few moments where something "wandered" in a not particularly pleasant way, but they were few and brief. Mostly it just filled the room very, very nicely with the occasional bit of directionality. That four-note riff that repeats a few times at the beginning of "I Have the Touch" always wound up ending very hard in the right rear.

I don't remember the more common US Geffen CD sounding this good, but maybe I just never listened to it under the right circumstances. Out of curiosity, I played the German version of "I Have the Touch" (i.e., "Kon Takt!") and noticed the above-mentioned riff doing exactly the same thing.

A friend gave me FLACs of the Japanese "black triangle" CD of Peter Gabriel's fourth solo album. Last night I sat in the dark listening through the Involve decoder and...WOW!

There were a few moments where something "wandered" in a not particularly pleasant way, but they were few and brief. Mostly it just filled the room very, very nicely with the occasional bit of directionality. That four-note riff that repeats a few times at the beginning of "I Have the Touch" always wound up ending very hard in the right rear.

I don't remember the more common US Geffen CD sounding this good, but maybe I just never listened to it under the right circumstances. Out of curiosity, I played the German version of "I Have the Touch" (i.e., "Kon Takt!") and noticed the above-mentioned riff doing exactly the same thing.

Hmmm

I'll have to pop the SACD of IV in my Oppo -> Surround Master and see how it goes.... (y)

Back