Dark Side of the Moon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are they hiding.........hmmm :howl

It's OBVIOUS...!!!

TMA-1
2001monolithexcavation.jpg

BTW, did you know the Moon is hollow?
There was an experiment when they crashed a satellite while a probe was on the surface monitoring the vibrations and when it crashed it RANG LIKE A GONG!!!!

I always thought that the Moon was added by Aliens...how can you explain that the soil samples that were brought back makes it OLDER THAN THE EARTH???

Nevertheless, a nice addition it is and I thank whichever Alien(s) placed it there...

The Moon is thought to have formed nearly 4.5 billion years ago, not long after Earth.
The Moon after Jupiter's satellite Io, is the second most dense satellite among those whose densities are known.

The side of the Moon that faces Earth is called the near side, and the opposite side the far side. The far side is often inaccurately called the "dark side", but in fact, it is illuminated as often as the near side: once per lunar day, during the new moon phase we observe on Earth when the near side is dark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon

The Moon is thought to have formed nearly 4.5 billion years ago, not long after Earth.
The Moon after Jupiter's satellite Io, is the second most dense satellite among those whose densities are known.

The side of the Moon that faces Earth is called the near side, and the opposite side the far side. The far side is often inaccurately called the "dark side", but in fact, it is illuminated as often as the near side: once per lunar day, during the new moon phase we observe on Earth when the near side is dark

Please do not cloud our conspiracies with facts :rolleyes: lol

But we still do not know how the Moon was actually formed. None of the usual theories actually work - let';s take a quick look at them:
1 - The Fission Theory. This was the first attempt at explaining the origin (George Darwin in 1878), and supposed that originally the Earth & Moon were one object, spinning rapidly & that solar tidal action caused a Proto-Moon to fission off from the proto-earth. This one survived until the 1920's, when it was falsified by a British Astronomer who pointed out that the viscosity of the earth in semi-molten condition would have dampened the motions necessary to trigger Darwin's fission.
2 - The Co-Accretion Theory, which is falsified by angular momentum issues.
3 - The "Capture" Theory, which is an absurdity because of orbital problems (more on this later)
4 - Big Whack Theory. This is the latest one. It too has problems, and suggests the early earth was heavily impacted by a Mars sized object and the biggest (of many) problems is that such an impact would have greatly speeded up Earth's rotation - this is admitted by the theory proponents, who hypothesize a second equally massive impact at the opposite side of the planet to stabilise it again.

Lunar Anomalies:
1 - It is by far the biggest moon in the solar system by quite some way - this is what falsifies the "capture" theory in part as it is too large to be in the orbit it is if captured.
2 - It is 400 times smaller than & 400 times closer to the earth than the Sun is.
3 - The above is a unique condition that creates Solar Eclipses - a very unlikely phenomena.
4 - It's actual composition is very different to that of the Earth, although oxygen isotopes suggest it formed about 4.5 Billion years ago.
5 - It's Rotational period is almost the same as it's orbital period. This is why it always presents the same face to us.
6 - Why no Mare on the far side?
7 - What creates the Mascons noticed by NASA?
8 - Why, when the Apollo 13 module was dropped back onto it, did it indeed "ring like a bell".....for all the world as if it were hollow indeed.

The biggest mystery of all is why we have never been back since 1972, given (a) the vast mineral wealth up there - The moon's crust is loaded with Titanium & Chromium and (b) NASA are seriously looking at capturing & towing an asteroid into earth orbit for mining purposes.....

But we still do not know how the Moon was actually formed. None of the usual theories actually work - let';s take a quick look at them:
1 - The Fission Theory. This was the first attempt at explaining the origin (George Darwin in 1878), and supposed that originally the Earth & Moon were one object, spinning rapidly & that solar tidal action caused a Proto-Moon to fission off from the proto-earth. This one survived until the 1920's, when it was falsified by a British Astronomer who pointed out that the viscosity of the earth in semi-molten condition would have dampened the motions necessary to trigger Darwin's fission.
2 - The Co-Accretion Theory, which is falsified by angular momentum issues.
3 - The "Capture" Theory, which is an absurdity because of orbital problems (more on this later)
4 - Big Whack Theory. This is the latest one. It too has problems, and suggests the early earth was heavily impacted by a Mars sized object and the biggest (of many) problems is that such an impact would have greatly speeded up Earth's rotation - this is admitted by the theory proponents, who hypothesize a second equally massive impact at the opposite side of the planet to stabilise it again.

Lunar Anomalies:
1 - It is by far the biggest moon in the solar system by quite some way - this is what falsifies the "capture" theory in part as it is too large to be in the orbit it is if captured.
2 - It is 400 times smaller than & 400 times closer to the earth than the Sun is.
3 - The above is a unique condition that creates Solar Eclipses - a very unlikely phenomena.
4 - It's actual composition is very different to that of the Earth, although oxygen isotopes suggest it formed about 4.5 Billion years ago.
5 - It's Rotational period is almost the same as it's orbital period. This is why it always presents the same face to us.
6 - Why no Mare on the far side?
7 - What creates the Mascons noticed by NASA?
8 - Why, when the Apollo 13 module was dropped back onto it, did it indeed "ring like a bell".....for all the world as if it were hollow indeed.

The biggest mystery of all is why we have never been back since 1972, given (a) the vast mineral wealth up there - The moon's crust is loaded with Titanium & Chromium and (b) NASA are seriously looking at capturing & towing an asteroid into earth orbit for mining purposes.....

Koo we back on track again :banana: Snood wants to Believe!!

To make sure we stay with the topic of the forums.................I do believe Aliens prefer 5.1 over Stereo :51banana:

To make sure we stay with the topic of the forums.................I do believe Aliens prefer 5.1 over Stereo :51banana:

My guess is that they've gone beyond 5.1. 5.1 to them is probably like stereo to QQers :alienrob:

What would be really cool - forget 3D (makes me want to puke, literally feel physically ill when using those glasses) and let's get holographic.

To be honest, getting old has turned me into someone who has to really have a reason to go to the movies. I've been to the two HOBBIT films because my wife wanted to go, but I insisted on the 3D versions, not only because I like the novelty of the concept (nothing I'd make a habit of at home) but for the multi-channel cinema sound, too. I've found that when even a 3D movie that didn't impress me visually--the second HOBBIT I thought was a waste--the sound helped to compensate for the on-screen tomfoolery.

I'm very glad I went to see GRAVITY, however: now THAT was use of 3D that was not only fun, but put me in a 'you could be there' mood (if not reality)...and you can see where the money went for a change. And while it doesn't have need for overuse of MC, when the noise does come it's jarring and impressively mixed.

Which does have something to do with the thread, if only because the moon, last I looked up, is still orbiting the earth, which is now absent a few space stations and astronauts.

ED :)

Although my boyfriend loves to go to the movies, the experience just isn't that much better than my 60" 1080P plasma, KILLER a/v system and Blu-Ray. Since the room is fairly small, 60" seems HUGE. There is a wonderful multiplex near my home. All seats are recliners.

3D with glasses is a huge turnoff for me. I had bought a 3D 1080P plasma TV a couple years ago and returned it. Although it was Panasonic, the same brand as my 42" & 60" plasmas, AND looked better than all the other Plasma/LED/backlit LCD's out there, it looked like crap compared to my 42" and 60" plasmas.

3D without glasses may be OK. Still, I'm with Neil in anticipating Holographic viewing.

It'll happen but, like 3D, the ticket prices will be higher, 'course. Don't mind that if the movie's worth seeing, but the gimmicks alone don't bring me to the theater anymore.

ED :)

Back