Yes - The Yes Album (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix) DVD-A / Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only one who is gonna kill me is Mr. Moore when I will not rate with a 10 this time. :)

OK, m8,

I know you are only joking here... :howl

Seriously, The Yes Album, has exceptional sound considering it was recorded in 1970/71. Very fat sound & good warm signal. This should be amazing in 5.1. I am starting to take for granted any Steven Wilson 5.1 mix, that it will be superb.

The big question is what SW 5.1 YES mix is next? I will be happy with any YES other than Fragile(we have that already...) I'd prefer to see SW do Fragile last, after all the unreleased YES records gets his magic touch!

OK, m8,

Seriously, The Yes Album, has exceptional sound considering it was recorded in 1970/71. Very fat sound & good warm signal. This should be amazing in 5.1. I am starting to take for granted any Steven Wilson 5.1 mix, that it will be superb.

The big question is what SW 5.1 YES mix is next? I will be happy with any YES other than Fragile(we have that already...) I'd prefer to see SW do Fragile last, after all the unreleased YES records gets his magic touch!

Yes has unreleased records? From what era?

j/k- can't help myself from being such a smart-ass...

Here's hoping there's no more delays and just 1 week until splashdown...

OK, m8,

I'm sure it was, compared to CTTE, a much easier work on TYA to mix in 5.1.
But I wait and listen before I can vote.

I'm sure the next one will be GFTO. And this will be a real big party for me, because Awaken is their best tune.....imho :)

Yes has unreleased records? From what era?

Well for true YES fans(who don't whine like little girls when YES have a line-up change.:rolleyes:) there are:

Close To The Edge II
Close To The Edge III
Tales From Lupin City
Free-Layer/Re-Willy

I have them all and they are fabulous! :smokin

Update: I just ordered my TYA(BluRay) direct from SW as advised by our own Neil Wilkes for $35.00 USD delivered.

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/yes-the-yes-album-cdblu-ray/

This will be a real treasure indeed! :banana:

So... we will soon have, TYA, Fragile & CTTE in discrete 5.1. Life is good! I can't wait for the next one.:banana::banana::banana:

Well for true YES fans(who don't whine like little girls when YES have a line-up change.:rolleyes:) there are:

Close To The Edge II
Close To The Edge III
Tales From Lupin City
Free-Layer/Re-Willy
First two also available (ROIOs) as Closer to the Edge and Right at the Edge, respectively.

First two also available (ROIOs) as Closer to the Edge and Right at the Edge, respectively.

Close To The Edge II
Close To The Edge III
Tales From Lupin City
Free-Layer/Re-Willy

I have them all and they are fabulous! :smokin

Update: I just ordered my TYA(BluRay) direct from SW as advised by our own Neil Wilkes for $35.00 USD delivered.

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/yes-the-yes-album-cdblu-ray/

This will be a real treasure indeed! :banana:

So... we will soon have, TYA, Fragile & CTTE in discrete 5.1. Life is good! I can't wait for the next one.:banana::banana::banana:

But aren't those the ones where John Cleese narrates while the Royal Ballet performs on roller skates? I've heard that they are for completists only... which I used to be, but balked at all the different (and redundant) box-sets.

As for ordering from SW's site, I was looking into that, but the shipping is more than 1/2 the price of the dvd-a! Makes me nervous- if there was a problem w/ the disc and I had to send it back...

Still haven't ordered this- hoping the price will come down- the dvd-a is more than $10 more than what I paid for CttE- can't understand why...

As for ordering from SW's site, I was looking into that, but the shipping is more than 1/2 the price of the dvd-a! Makes me nervous- if there was a problem w/ the disc and I had to send it back...

Still haven't ordered this- hoping the price will come down- the dvd-a is more than $10 more than what I paid for CttE- can't understand why...

I thought $35 US delivered was reasonable for a BluRay and to show my support for Steven Wilson's work. If the price gets way cheaper from a US supplier I will buy more!

Plus.... I just got an email from StevenWilsonHQ.com:

My order has shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Plus.... I just got an email from StevenWilsonHQ.com:

My order has shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

your-a-very-lucky-man.png

Not to hijack the thread but I love a 70's band called Ambrosia and would love for them to be done in surround sound. Could you pass that request along to SW? Their first two albums are amazing. Feel free to erase this post if it is out of place or if you contact SW about it.

Here here.

Well lupin man, have you got this yet, and if so what do you think (other than the obligatory 10 vote)? I have to say that The Yes Album is very possibly my favourite surround release ever (to date of course).

Looks like we just missed each other. :smokin

What I think is this:

There is a non-stop flight to London here at the place I work. I am tempted to walk over there and hop on the plane and show up at your doorstop with a dozen or so beers so we can listen to this wonderful gift together. :cool:

I also think we are so lucky to be getting these classic YES recordings. I simply can't wait for the next one. I just hope it is not Fragile(we already have that one.)

What I think is this:

There is a non-stop flight to London here at the place I work. I am tempted to walk over there and hop on the plane and show up at your doorstop with a dozen or so beers so we can listen to this wonderful gift together. :cool:

I also think we are so lucky to be getting these classic YES recordings. I simply can't wait for the next one. I just hope it is not Fragile(we already have that one.)

We could get our German friend to bring some beers too, but he is being very quiet at the moment, he doesn't seem to have posted here for a while.

:brew

We could get our German friend to bring some beers too, but he is being very quiet at the moment, he doesn't seem to have posted here for a while.

:brew

I think iMachine is in a bit of a quandary(a state of perplexity or uncertainty over what to do in a difficult situation) :smokin

1. He is probably still waiting for the postman. Ya know things go a bit slower in Bavaria.;)

2. When he listens to TYA in 5.1 he will know it is a perfect 10 but he'll probably run & hide under the bed until one of his kids fetch him.... cause he will worry that if he votes a 10, I will have influenced him. :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, I do think he is out drinking & dancing to a certain blend of German techno-reggae dance music...

So we need to be very kind to the lad since he seems to be in a bit of a jam at the moment. (y)

5beers.jpg

I reckon good old IMachine will vote with a Spinal Tap +1 =12 as he's been out done in the lupin count :rolleyes:

What I think is this:

I think your next one will be TFTO.

I think your next one will be TFTO.

Fred, you know I am very fond of you(in a manly way, of course) :rolleyes: But:

Do NOT tease me about Tales, please.

If Tales comes out in 5.1 discrete, my head will explode in ecstasy.

If Tales doesn't come out, I will live the rest of my life in pain & regret.

Either way, Tales From Topographic Oceans is such serious business for me, please don't get my hopes up. (y) I can't take it.

For some crazy reason, I can handle speculation over Relayer or GFTO, but not sacred TFTO.

Thanks mate!:)

Fred, you know I am very fond of you(in a manly way, of course) :rolleyes: But:

Do NOT tease me about Tales, please.

If Tales comes out in 5.1 discrete, my head will explode in ecstasy.

If Tales doesn't come out, I will live the rest of my life in pain & regret.

Either way, Tales From Topographic Oceans is such serious business for me, please don't get my hopes up. (y) I can't take it.

For some crazy reason, I can handle speculation over Relayer or GFTO, but not sacred TFTO.

Thanks mate!:)

its nice to know you care! :p I'm fond of you in a manly way too :D

I have no concrete info but all the little snippets we get seem to point to Tales being next. I bloody hope so anyway! :eek:

its nice to know you care! :p I'm fond of you in a manly way too :D

I have no concrete info but all the little snippets we get seem to point to Tales being next. I bloody hope so anyway! :eek:

I think you're right, you're right, you're bloody well right!

Personally - I wouldn't be worried if I missed the "1 track per side self indulgent pretentious rambling noodling" of TFTO... I'll be delirious if I get Relayer. :D

Back