Mini-Monitor for Oppo BDP-83 ??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloop

I am tired to switch on my projector for listening to DVD-A/BD-A for just navigating the menus. Pure listening (like CD/SACD) with just hitting play is almost impossible for the most DVD-A/BD-A's.
Is it possible to connect a mini monitor (7" or 8") to VGA/RGB or video-out? The only HDMI output on my Oppo BDP-83 is blocked by the projector.
Will the player put out a HD picture from Blu-Ray-Discs on these outputs (sure, it will not be HD, but downscale)?

Many thanks for any answers.

I use a portable cheapo DVD player with 7" screen, it came with an RCA to mini adapter for external input. There might not be many that have an input though. I had stopped using it because the DVD portion doesn't work, but it is fine as a monitor. Sometimes a little hard to read titles but better than turning on the projector just to navigate a disc.

Another answer is an old PC monitor, possibly an older flat screen like I use. It's from an older cash intake system from a retail outlet, but it works great.

Hi Bloop,

With situations like this, I've noted down the sequence of keypresses to get where you want ( while monitoring on a 'Video Display Unit' to check as a one-off ) and written it down on a bit of paper and stuck it in with the disc.... Horribly low tech., but I don't have to turn my projector on to listen to stuff.... Works for me :)

Jem.

That doesn't work for me since I tend to miss a button or press one twice or whatever so always have to turn the display on anyway.

Back