Branko's My World Electric in Multichannel SACD for $10

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Branko is a Dutch Electronic/Heavy Rock/Pop band that has a Hybrid Multichanel SACD named My World Electric.
The album features an immersive surround mix and some interesting sound effects and soundscapes.
If you like the music, it's worth a look.

It's available through the independent artist web site CD Baby for $12 plus shipping. You can also get it
shipped via Amazon.Com for $13 or from one of the Amazon sellers for under $10 including shipping.

Branko - My World Electric - 425.jpg
My World Electric - Branko (Traverso Records, Hybrid Multichannel SACD, 900.0426.071)
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/branko
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V7JA9Y
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000V7JA9Y/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Its a great surround mix (a bit bright/forward-sounding imho.. but it befits the material I guess) I think a lot of QQ members would really enjoy it. Thanks for the heads up, Mr.Moura! (y)

£11.98 inc. postage to the UK, so worth a listen. Its been an expensive month for my 5.1 music addiction :)

Its a great surround mix (a bit bright/forward-sounding imho.. but it befits the material I guess) I think a lot of QQ members would really enjoy it. Thanks for the heads up, Mr.Moura! (y)

Yes, the Surround Mix is very well done and a lot of fun. In fact, on the CD Baby web site, they list the "Mood" setting for the Branko Multichannel SACD as "Wierd" !

Thank you Brian for this recommendation. Woke up in the early am and ordered a copy from amazon. Waiting to experiance some Dutch weirdness :)

Thank you Brian for this recommendation. Woke up in the early am and ordered a copy from amazon. Waiting to experiance some Dutch weirdness :)

You'll enjoy it. As Fred says, a great Surround Sound mix and a fun production. Very much in keeping with the music.

To me it feels like there is some Loudness Wars going on here. That heavy, compressed sound continues from song to song until it just gets a bit boring. The mix, as FredB said, is a bit forward-sounding (oriented in favour of the front) but works quite well and is enjoyable. I'm such a stickler for fidelity and overall this isn't one that I would recommend.

To me it feels like there is some Loudness Wars going on here. That heavy, compressed sound continues from song to song until it just gets a bit boring. The mix, as FredB said, is a bit forward-sounding (oriented in favour of the front) but works quite well and is enjoyable. I'm such a stickler for fidelity and overall this isn't one that I would recommend.

Bright and front-heavy, that's the perfect assessment of the sound.

Still, it's fun in its own way.. if, as you rightly say wavelength, a bit of a slog getting through the whole thing.. the brightness is fatiguing after a while..

..also the vocals suffer from what I call "accent-itis" with a sort of Euro-imitating U.S. thing that a fair few still worthwhile SACDs suffer from imho (Guano Apes/Don't Call Me Names, Kane/So Glad You Made It, RPWL/World Through My Eyes.. and the likes of Caetano Veloso/A Foreign Sound and the Dana Winner SACDs in a different way but still the accents with non-English native speakers might mar it for some) but the surround mixes on all those are great so it's worth persevering I reckon.

So, without even realizing anyone else had heard of this - I ordered this from Amazon for about $10 or so. Heck, I think it sounds very good. The fidelity is good, the mix is average to good. I like it. Easily worth the small price. If there were a place to vote, I'd give it a 6 or7 I guess. :)

Now that I've listened to all songs, I'd say some songs really lend themselves to the mix/fidelity better than others. Example being "Let It Go". This song sounds excellent and I found myself wanting to turn it up more....so this one might be a grower with certain songs better than others.

I bought this when it first came out through CD-Baby. As part of the registration process I supplied an email address. A couple of weeks after it arrived I received an email from someone named "Jacko" (not the one we know now) thanking me for the purchase and inviting feedback on the music. Not knowing who "Jacko" was I eventually checked the SACD artwork and it turns out he's the lead singer. True story!

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

I bought this when it first came out through CD-Baby. As part of the registration process I supplied an email address. A couple of weeks after it arrived I received an email from someone named "Jacko" (not the one we know now) thanking me for the purchase and inviting feedback on the music. Not knowing who "Jacko" was I eventually checked the SACD artwork and it turns out he's the lead singer. True story!

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

Cool story..! Thanks for sharing :)

Nearly 3 years since a comment!!

Mind you I can talk, bought this nearly 2 years ago and its only my second play!!
This is a surprise. In a good way. Good collection of songs, reasonably mixed and the fidelity is certainly up there.
In a Poll I would give this an 8.

UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-World-E...-fkmr0&keywords=branko+my+world+electric+sacd
US
https://www.amazon.com/My-World-Ele...-fkmr0&keywords=branko+my+world+electric+sacd

Its only gone up 18 cents since bmoura first posted it in 2014 !!

Hope folks don't mind me posting these Amazon listings...It can be a right pain sometimes looking for the right titles, so to make it easier, I'll keep adding these unless they are not wanted.:)

Bright and front-heavy, that's the perfect assessment of the sound.

Still, it's fun in its own way.. if, as you rightly say wavelength, a bit of a slog getting through the whole thing.. the brightness is fatiguing after a while..

..also the vocals suffer from what I call "accent-itis" with a sort of Euro-imitating U.S. thing that a fair few still worthwhile SACDs suffer from imho (Guano Apes/Don't Call Me Names, Kane/So Glad You Made It, RPWL/World Through My Eyes.. and the likes of Caetano Veloso/A Foreign Sound and the Dana Winner SACDs in a different way but still the accents with non-English native speakers might mar it for some) but the surround mixes on all those are great so it's worth persevering I reckon.
The singing is absolutely terrible and repulsive. It seems to me as if the singer is targeting gays with his speech. And the sound of the recording is not perfect either.

Back