Acoustic Sounds Downloads on Sale - 10% Off

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Here's a first. Acoustic Sounds is offering their music downloads on sale at 10% off.

So Elvis Presley's "Stereo '57" DSD Download, normally $24.98 is now selling for $22.48.
Could be a good time to comb through the listings and stock up!

Stereo 57.jpg
Stereo '57 (Essential Elvis, Volume 2) - Elvis Presley (Stereo DSD Download, Analogue Productions XAPP057D64)
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/94709/Elvis_Presley-Stereo_57_Essential_Elvis_Volume_2-DSD

Super Hi Res Sale - 65p.png

yes but if it's a flop they might go 20%

Actually, Blue Coast Music and Downloads Now already offer 20% discounts on some of their High Resolution Downloads from time to time.
You need to buy and download an album in High Resolution Audio and get on their mailing list. Then they start sending you such offers.

So it wouldn't be a first !

Now that I've got a download I've determined figuring out how to play it is quite a challenge.

Is there a list of good surround music servers on the forum anywhere? I've been using my PC, but a good standalone surround server would be nice.

Is there a list of good surround music servers on the forum anywhere? I've been using my PC, but a good standalone surround server would be nice.

It's pretty limited right now in terms of Surround Music servers.

The solutions that handle both DSD and PCM in Multichannel include the Oppo 103/105 disc players (they also handle downloads up to DSD64), the exaSound e28 DSD (up to DSD256) and PCM and linking (or "stacking") the Mytek and Playback Designs DACs (up to DSD128). Hopefully we will see more Multichannel download playback solutions as the number of Multichannel downloads and demand increases.

If I had to guess, I'm betting we could see a Stereo + Multichannel downloads server from Oppo someday - they have not announced such a product yet. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Well, the biggest problem is having my MacBook tied up while listening to music. I'd prefer to do both at the same time.

That helps to explain why music servers and the Oppo disc players are popular with music downloads. Ways to avoid using a computer to play the music.

I was able to use a 30-day trial version of the jriver product to convert the DSD files to Apple Lossless, then burned a CD from that using iTunes on the MacBook. That was the only way I could play the Bowie Heathen download that I purchased. It does sound amazing anyway though. Screw Marantz. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow regarding their misleading advertising.

I guess I will be a bit embarrassed tomorrow when Marantz calls me back. Everything works now. Heathen sounds excellent. iTunes works now too. I'm even tempted to buy another download. Perhaps CCR 1st. They don't have much of a selection.

Here's a first. Acoustic Sounds is offering their music downloads on sale at 10% off.

So Elvis Presley's "Stereo '57" DSD Download, normally $24.98 is now selling for $22.48.
Could be a good time to comb through the listings and stock up!

View attachment 14157
Stereo '57 (Essential Elvis, Volume 2) - Elvis Presley (Stereo DSD Download, Analogue Productions XAPP057D64)
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/94709/Elvis_Presley-Stereo_57_Essential_Elvis_Volume_2-DSD

View attachment 14183

Are any of these in 5.1? None of the titles I looked at mention 5.1. Thanks

I was able to use a 30-day trial version of the jriver product to convert the DSD files to Apple Lossless, then burned a CD from that using iTunes on the MacBook. That was the only way I could play the Bowie Heathen download that I purchased. It does sound amazing anyway though. Screw Marantz. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow regarding their misleading advertising.

Is the Heathen download 5.1? Thanks

Are any of these in 5.1? None of the titles I looked at mention 5.1. Thanks

Not yet. Acoustic Sounds has plans to offer DSD Downloads in Multichannel down the road. For now, all of their DSD and PCM Downloads are Stereo and Mono only.
Stay tuned.....

Back