Oppo HA-1 Stereo Headphone Amp/DAC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Another interesting choice to playback the DSD and PCM music files you may have (or may have in the future) is Oppo's new HA-1 Headphone Amp. While it's being marketed as a headphone amp, the unit also has a USB input and a Digital to Audio Converter (DAC) that plays DSD music downloads up to Quad DSD (DSD256) resolution as well as PCM music files and downloads.

A pretty interesting product, especially at its low price of $1,199. Unfortunately, like the Sony HAP-Z1ES supplies of this one are pretty tight - it's currently Sold Out at Oppo with more due in at the end of May,

Oppo HA-1.jpg
Oppo HA-1 Stereo Headphone Amp and DSD/PCM DAC
http://www.oppodigital.com/headphone-amplifier-ha-1/

It's pretty limited right now in terms of Surround Music servers.

The solutions that handle both DSD and PCM in Multichannel include the Oppo 103/105 disc players (they also handle downloads up to DSD64), the exaSound e28 DSD (up to DSD256) and PCM and linking (or "stacking") the Mytek and Playback Designs DACs (up to DSD128). Hopefully we will see more Multichannel download playback solutions as the number of Multichannel downloads and demand increases.

If I had to guess, I'm betting we could see a Stereo + Multichannel downloads server from Oppo someday - they have not announced such a product yet. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Thanks. It would be nice to see a dedicated server from Oppo and would likely bring the price point down a bit. I've used my Oppo 95, but found the user interface a bit cumbersome. Is the user interface on the 103/105 an improvement over the 93/95?

Thanks. It would be nice to see a dedicated server from Oppo and would likely bring the price point down a bit. I've used my Oppo 95, but found the user interface a bit cumbersome. Is the user interface on the 103/105 an improvement over the 93/95?

If you have an Oppo 95, I'd suggest waiting for the successor to the 103 & 105 before getting a new Oppo disc player. It's likely the next generation Oppo disc players will have support for DSD128 and even DSD256 music files based on what is now available from Oppo in the HA-1 Headphone Amp/DAC in Stereo.

If you have an Oppo 95, I'd suggest waiting for the successor to the 103 & 105 before getting a new Oppo disc player. It's likely the next generation Oppo disc players will have support for DSD128 and even DSD256 music files based on what is now available from Oppo in the HA-1 Headphone Amp/DAC in Stereo.

I am planning to wait for the next gen Oppo, but I was curious if the 103/105 is making improvements in the server user interface area. It would mean they are trending in the right direction. But they may not give it the attention it needs until they have a dedicated server. The HA-1 looks interesting, but of course it is only stereo.

Back