Yes - Going For The One 5.1 DVD/BluRay Rumor

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranasakawa

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Thought i'd throw this in. According to someone (in the know?) it will be out in October.

In October 2014, Going for the One will be reissued as CD/DVD and CD/Blu-ray Disc packs on the Panegyric label, featuring a new stereo mix and 5.1 surround sound mix by Steven Wilson as well as bonus tracks and special features. This will be the third Panegyric Yes album reissue after Close to the Edge and The Yes Album.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_for_the_One

Not true, it is a baseless rumour.

GFTO is not even considered at this point, Steven Wilson has only been hired to remix the 1970-74 albums for the moment.

I wish someone would edit that Wikipedia page as it keeps perpetuating false rumours.

Maybe the moderators can edit the title of this thread...

GFTO is not even considered at this point, Steven Wilson has only been hired to remix the 1970-74 albums for the moment.

I wish someone would edit that Wikipedia page as it keeps perpetuating false rumours.

I am sure hoping he does GFTO at some point as that album has a special place for me as Yes was my first concert experience and it was the GFTO tour.
It is also one of my fav's of theirs as well.

Thread title could be changed to "Hopefully one day Yes GFTO available for us" or something like that.

Guys, it is a forum for music in surround release 'rumours' I was just adding to the list of supposed Yes re-issues.

Thought i'd throw this in. According to someone (in the know?) it will be out in October.
In October 2014, Going for the One will be reissued as CD/DVD and CD/Blu-ray Disc packs on the Panegyric label, featuring a new stereo mix and 5.1 surround sound mix by Steven Wilson as well as bonus tracks and special features. This will be the third Panegyric Yes album reissue after Close to the Edge and The Yes Album.

Some thoughts on this:

1. Can't toss Ranasakawa in the slammer, he was just trying to pass along some good news, I'm sure.

2. Plan9 seems to have some good info. that he probably can't officially clarify too much so we shouldn't prod him to.
(Plus he seems to be somewhere in France (No time Toulouse?)and some idiot here on the forum has been making Monty Python type tasteless French jokes, so bad form all around, I say.)

3. The Wiki claim is quite definite with specific details, so the source is either correct(not likely) or a real mean spirited prankster.

4. As a HUGE Yes Fan who's first concert experience was the GFTO tour in 1977 this is a bad joke.(Much worse than my jokes that back-fire.:mad:@:)

5. If we are all patient and gobble up all the SW YES releases that come(and of course vote then 10s...) We probably will get around to seeing GFTO in 5.1.

Bonus point:

It has been some time now that The YES Album was released in 5.1. Isn't it about time we hear which YES 5.1 is in fact next???

No Time To Lose(No Time Toulouse)
[video=youtube;K4anNb2jS4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4anNb2jS4Q[/video]

Guys, I did not want to appear blunt with my response to the OP, I thought the tone of my message was rather neutral;

I sincerely apologize if it was taken the wrong way.

Done.

Maybe you can return the favor and cite where it says 1970-74 albums only?

Steven Wilson personally told me, I don't think he ever said it publically.

We discussed it because he wondered where the rumour originated, and I stumbled upon that Wikipedia page. He said I could let you know this was just a rumour.

Thanks Plan9. It is a bit strange, we just have the Yes Album and now some already want to next. Appreciate what we get and enjoy the mix, there is still lots to come.

Personally I do not care if this will be Tales, Relayer or Time and a Word.

Thanks Plan9. It is a bit strange, we just have the Yes Album and now some already want to next. Appreciate what we get and enjoy the mix, there is still lots to come.

Personally I do not care if this will be Tales, Relayer or Time and a Word.

@Plan9: Sincere thanks for sharing with us here. Whatever little detail given does make waiting easier. And I guess now, the cat is out of the bag. Please feel free to give more details if at all possible in the future. Merci beaucoup mon ami. :)

RvD wrote:

and now some already want to next: Guilty as charged. I recall walking into a record shop and having a choice of many recordings from any given band. What is wrong with that? In reality, record companies wait decades before releasing titles! What is wrong with sending a message that we have $$$ and want to spend it?

Appreciate what we get and enjoy the mix
: :mad:@: I think most of us do a pretty good job of that already! (y)

there is still lots to come: Ah, this is the point of contention. Nothing beats a little bit of reassurance. That small tidbit that SW has been contracted for YES 1970-1974 was a wonderful bit of news. Thanks Plan9:cool:

The waiting can be rather extreme. I saw Pink Floyd perform The Wall in New York in 1980. Its 2014 and I'm still waiting for the DVD...

Guys, I did not want to appear blunt with my response to the OP, I thought the tone of my message was rather neutral;

I sincerely apologize if it was taken the wrong way.

pas de problème. merci

No worries.

I guess the list has been narrowed down. Fragile has to be thrown into the mix as one of the possibilities.

Hi Richy2X,

Steve Howe has stated that Fragile hasn't been done yet and that SW has in fact mixed the next one. SW also has been contracted for so far only 1970-1974 YES so that means Relayer or Tales.

:)

It's not a baseless rumour. Steven Wilson is not Panegyric, and a couple of source I trust say that Panegyric was assembling the materials for a GftO reissue. But 'at this point' it's not going to be the next one released.

It's not a baseless rumour. Steven Wilson is not Panegyric, and a couple of source I trust say that Panegyric was assembling the materials for a GftO reissue. But 'at this point' it's not going to be the next one released.

Well, of course, they are assembling material for all Yes album for future use. All the stereo mixdown masters have been flat transfered to Hi-Res digital for example.

But SW is not remixing GftO for the moment, so it won't be released this year.

Well, of course, they are assembling material for all Yes album for future use. All the stereo mixdown masters have been flat transfered to Hi-Res digital for example.

Hi Plan9, :)

Do we have any way of knowing that the original 2.0 masters were found/used for the digital transfer? Back in the day there were so many so called 2.0 "masters" that were actually copies or worse, copies of copies. And some master tapes were mislabeled as "masters" when they were actually copies, etc...

Any clarification would be a huge blessing to us true YES fans.

Back