New SACD 5.1 from Audio Fidelity

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Steve Hoffman just tweeted this tease:

"Some 5:1 high rez SACD's coming from Audio Fidelity soon. Exciting stuff! (Stereo sections as well for those who don't do surround). Neat."

Anyone got any idea what's coming?

Wow! :yikes

So Audio Fidelity are going to release some 5.1 SACDs after all.. Very exciting news! Thanks for the info! (y)

I wonder what they've got lined up? Some is more than just one or two discs I guess.. fingers crossed it's not reissues and there's new mixes!

Looks like I'll be buying some AF SACDs for the first time...:D

hmmm- looks as if the input may have helped. very good news indeed.

OK, check the link, for those unaware AF is the company that does the 24 K gold CD's/and SACD's. Some members and Jon were in contact with the President not long ago, inquiring on 5.1 productions. We should support the cause as much as possible. For me it's a new truck or new music, guess who waits for cash? (FMC)

http://www.audiofidelity.net/sacd

On the Hoffman boards some speculated that it might be titles with existing quad mixes.

I can't believe some of the comments people make on SH forums. Steve is great, some of his followers are negative and dogmatic. Why are these people almost offended by this news?

Santana III please

What titles are possible? Some bands gave refused to work with AF in the past(AC/DC).

Please no. Let's get some proper 5.1 mixes. Surely surround engineers have learned a thing or two in the last 40 years.

I would LOOOOOOOVE Sabbath in 5.1! Maybe it will be titles previously done by AF in stereo? Holy Diver would be great as there are no filler tracks on that album!

On the Hoffman boards some speculated that it might be titles with existing quad mixes.

Hope so. I don't want to wait around for years for new surround mixes (like with YES, ELP, etc.).

There's at least a couple of idiots on the SH board already pushing for dts DVDs instead because they can't find it in their budget to buy a SACD player. Or maybe they're just trolls.

Hope so. I don't want to wait around for years for new surround mixes (like with YES, ELP, etc.).

There's at least a couple of idiots on the SH board already pushing for dts DVDs instead because they can't find it in their budget to buy a SACD player. Or maybe they're just trolls.

The best things come to he who waits.. ;)

Well I gave them a technically achievable but commercially far from viable option (encode the redbook layer with DTS CD wavs) hehe.. and that's from a veritable luddite! :D

Was this person just trolling when putting this post in at SHF or if true this would be very,very cool:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/audio-fidelity-5-1-sacd-coming-soon.355427/page-3

post 69 in AF thread about 5.1's in surround

I heard it was Bowie's full back catalogue being remastered by Steve and Kevin for a Christmas 2014 release on 2.0 CD, SACD, record, 4.0 record and 5.1 SACD/Blu Ray/DVD-A (with DTS option)! All fully loaded with the relevant bonus tracks!!

I'm sure us members can still find something to complain about?

Guys, if the first title is what I was asked about confidentially, you will be very pleased, as it could be an unreleased title from the DVD-A/SACD era. To be perfectly honest, I do not know for sure if it will be that title or not, so I may end up looking foolish, but I was asked not to mention titles in the forum until I was told it was OK to do so, so go ahead and speculate.

Time will tell, but this could be very spectacular news IMHO.

I certainly hope that all QQ members will support these releases when they appear, and show Audio Fidelity and other labels that there is support in the marketplace for 5.1 releases, no matter what the titles may end up being.

I'm sure us members can still find something to complain about?

Christmas 2014! Why can't I have these now?

And what's with the complete coverage on all disc formats? Why can't they just pick one and standardise!!

:)

Seriously, I hope this proves to be more than a rumour. There's room in my collection for Bowie on Blu-ray Audio, DVD-A or SACD (my order of preference).

Guys, if the first title is what I was asked about confidentially, you will be very pleased, as it could be an unreleased title from the DVD-A/SACD era. To be perfectly honest, I do not know for sure if it will be that title or not, so I may end up looking foolish, but I was asked not to mention titles in the forum until I was told it was OK to do so, so go ahead and speculate.

I certainly hope that all QQ members will support these releases when they appear, and show the labels that there is support in the marketplace for 5.1 releases.

Jon, thats very cool news.

Does AF only do Sacd as because of Dvda in the car to me Dvda's have more opportunity to be played than Sacd's do.

Jon, thats very cool news.

Does AF only do Sacd as because of Dvda in the car to me Dvda's have more opportunity to be played than Sacd's do.

I'm with you in the car department, so any SACD that comes out I have to convert the old fashioned "analog way" into my PC via playback on an SACD player wired to my PC sound card and convert the 5.1 audio into a DVD-A. It's a small price to pay in time to be able to listen in the car, but in this day/age/market, I will support any HiRez audio format that someone wants to market. It's way better than DVD-V DTS or, perish the thought, DD. :yikes

I certainly hope that all QQ members will support these releases when they appear, and show the labels that there is support in the marketplace for 5.1 releases.

Ohhhhh....

Tusk would be amazing or the other Fleetwood Mac that was "rumoured" (pardon the pun) to be mixed already...

what else was mixed in the SACD/DVD-A era but not released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back