New SACD 5.1 from Audio Fidelity

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of The Cars and Fleetwood Mac's self-titled albums fall under the Warner Brothers umbrella and are reportedly already mixed in 5.1. Those might finally see the light of day after all!

I'd take both those (along with any Phil Collins please)

Just to double check, at the moment we don't have any concrete info on what AF 5.1 titles will be right?

Al Kooper's SuperSession is one of them, he said so himself last week.

From Al Kooper's weekly email -

"In addition, outside the column, I have remixed Super Session in 5.1 and it is being released shortly by Audio Fidelity in SACD format. It was remastered by Bob Ludwig, and is a treat for the ears. I will let you know here when it comes out."

I remember reading somewhere that Al Kooper was the one who was pushing triple-royalties on hybrid SACDs and that was the reason Sony never put these out. Maybe I was reading b.s. though. Much of what on the web is just that.

I doubt it was Al Kooper, it seemed he was desperate to get these 5.1's released that he'd worked hard creating and had to throw in the towel when the business side of the music biz got more than just in the way of the music but killed it off.

Just to double check, at the moment we don't have any concrete info on what AF 5.1 titles will be right?

Nothing has been announced yet, but I have been told that we'll be among the first to know - and maybe even some other stuff to boot! Check back here and at SHF often for the latest announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back