New SACD 5.1 from Audio Fidelity

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshall says Multichannel SACDs are a go.

Work is underway to license titles. He has a number of 4.0 and 5.1 albums - both released and unreleased in Surround Sound - that he is considering for licensing. As noted earlier, it's up to the artists, management and labels after that.

One more thing: Marshall emphasizes that he doesn't want - or expect - anyone to buy AF Multichannel SACDs just to encourage more to be issued. Marshall says buy what you want and enjoy the music.

Any titles mentioned?

That's why a title like Court and Spark would be great. It's only been done on gold cd years ago and it's awesome all the way around. Sure it's only 4.0. But it's so good of a mix. And Steve Hofmann did it originally. Just my .02

Marshall likes many of the suggestions from the QQ folks. Including requests for Court and Spark and other Joni Mitchell albums. Time will tell whether and when her material might be available for a Multichannel SACD release or two....

Any titles mentioned?

Marshall is narrowing the list of possibilities so that the licensing and negotiation work can begin. Some albums and artists are already moving along nicely. Others are in much earlier stages.
It's sort of like panning for gold in the music world!

these two would be great like a sampler disc cover many folks out there I will get mine soon release date 3 june

Legends: Get It on sacd

1. Wild Thing (The Troggs)
2. Smoke On the Water (Deep Purple)
3. Spirit In the Sky (Norman Greenbaum)
4. Bang A Gong.. Get it On (T.Rex)
5. Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac)
6. Blinded By the Light (Manfred Mann's Earth Band)
7. Spill The Wine (Eric Burdon & War)
8. Lola..Live (The Kinks)
9. Light My Fire (The Doors)
10. Slow Ride (Foghat)
11. Schools Out (Alice Cooper)
12. Smokin In the Boys Room (Brownsville Station)
13. China Grove (The Doobie Brothers)
14. Hot Blooded (Foreigner)
15. Can't Get Enough (Bad Company)
16. Free Bird (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
17. Casey Jones (Grateful Dead)

Legends: Crank It Up sacd

1. Does Anybody Really Know (Chicago)
2. Listen To The Music (The Doobie Brothers)
3. Good Lovin (The Rascals)
4. Tonight's The Night (Rod Stewart)
5. Running On Empty (Jackson Browne)
6. In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)
7. Time of the Season (The Zombies)
8. How Long (Ace)
9. Dixie Chicken (Little Feat)
10. Truckin (Grateful Dead)
11. Love the One You're With (Stephen Stills)
12. For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield)
13. Sister Golden Hair (America)
14. Back on the Chain Gang (The Pretenders)
15. Feels Like the First Time (Foreigner)
16. Daniel (Elton John)
17. Nights In White Satin (The Moody Blues)

Marshall likes many of the suggestions from the QQ folks. Including requests for Court and Spark and other Joni Mitchell albums. Time will tell whether and when her material might be available for a Multichannel SACD release or two....

No thanks. Never heard of court and sparks? Pardon my ignorance

it's moments like these that youtube is your friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2nxCSTAq9c

I listen to everything from Beethoven to Slayer but I have never been into Joni. I respect her as an artist but I want more exciting music for 5.1, not laid back stuff, just my preference. If this title will be relatively successful, by all means I support it's release.

I listen to everything from Beethoven to Slayer but I have never been into Joni. I respect her as an artist but I want more exciting music for 5.1, not laid back stuff, just my preference. If this title will be relatively successful, by all means I support it's release.
Check this cut out with Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays, Michael Brecker and Jaco Pastorius. [video=youtube;4GLJCZ5L2sQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GLJCZ5L2sQ&feature=kp[/video]

If you think Joni is "laid back," you have a different definition of that expression than I do. One of the more challenging composers of the 70s, and a great lyricist, instrumentalist and singer to boot.

I saw this group play at Greek Theatre in Los Angeles 1979. Swinging! Bopping hard and light as needed. Also saw Joni front a comparatively new wave electric band (with Larry Klein) in 1983. Do not underestimate or pigeonhole Joni.

From QQ deep space

I saw this group play at Greek Theatre in Los Angeles 1979. Swinging! Bopping hard and light as needed. Also saw Joni front a comparatively new wave electric band (with Larry Klein) in 1983. Do not underestimate or pigeonhole Joni.

From QQ deep space

Joni's catalog is an interesting possibility.

The 5.1 mix of Both Sides Now was actually prepared on a Sonoma DSD Workstation and a track from the DSD version of the album was played at one of the SACD/DSD demos Sony did years ago before its release on DVD Audio disc by Warner Music. It's a natural for a Multichannel SACD release - it's already in DSD! :)

Check this cut out with Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays, Michael Brecker and Jaco Pastorius. [video=youtube;4GLJCZ5L2sQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GLJCZ5L2sQ&feature=kp[/video]

If you think Joni is "laid back," you have a different definition of that expression than I do. One of the more challenging composers of the 70s, and a great lyricist, instrumentalist and singer to boot.
as he didn't know about the lp of court and spark...and then between my posting of the youtube link and his laid back comment it's a time of 13 minutes, on an lp that goes for over 30.I have a feeling he may be commenting on an lp that he hasn't completely heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back