Pink Floyd - Division Bell announcement 5.1 ? Possible release ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm..........can only hope.

Hopefully it won't be like the Zep crud recently released........give us 5.1!!!!!

Wow, that video is deep. Very cool. A lot of PF recurring themes. Flying through space, space cadet, empty pool, running lunatic, hospital beds, ticking clock, gas masks, smashed TV, kids in a playground, so much more. What are they trying to say? The artistry that is Pink Floyd is appreciated. What will we have when the clock ticks down?

Very cool video! Must be something good tomorrow, maybe they've trimmed 36 - 48 months off of the typical 5.1 version wait?

From my phone

There was a new David Gilmour release due this year. That would be nice in 5.1.

The Wall movie on Blu-ray or one of Roger Water's recent The Wall concerts on Blu-ray. Apparently a couple were filmed over last couple of years....

The set seems to collect all vinyl releases from the period, 2LP, blue 12", clear 7"vinyl and red 7" vinyl. Plus this new 5.1 and hi rs stereo.

81K3uPwZucL__AA1500_.jpg

Confirmed now, it's a boxset with a bluray (among other things) with a 5.1 mix and hi-res stereo!!!

www.divisionbell20.com seems to be down now, but there seems to be a link for the pre-order :)

Yippeeee!!!!!!

Pink Floyd will release a boxset edition of its 1994 album “The Division Bell” to commemorate the album’s 20th anniversary.

It’s scheduled for release June 30.

The boxset will feature a new 2-LP vinyl edition of the album, remastered by Doug Sax at The Mastering Lab from the original analogue tapes, including all the full length tracks (originally edited to fit on a single LP) in a gatefold sleeve designed by Hipgnosis/StormStudios.

Five other discs are included: a red 7-inch vinyl replica of the single “Take It Back,” a clear 7-inch vinyl replica of “High Hopes,” 12-inch blue vinyl replica of “High Hopes” with reverse laser etched design, the 2011 Discovery remaster of “The Division Bell,” and a Blu-ray disc including “The Division Bell” in HD Audio, plus the previously unreleased 5.1 surround sound audio mix of the album by longtime Floyd engineer Andy Jackson.

Another addition included on the Blu-ray disc is a new video for the Grammy award-winning instrumental “Marooned.” Filmed in Ukraine during the first week of April 2014, the video was directed by Aubrey Powell of Hipgnosis. It’ll appear on the disc with audio tracks in PCM Stereo and a 5.1 mix by Jackson.

“The Division Bell’ debuted at #1 in the U.K. and in the USA, staying at the top of the U.S. charts for four weeks. It also went to #1 in eight other countries and, to date, has reached total album sales of more than 12 million. The album was recorded by the band at Astoria and Britannia Row Studios with the majority of the lyrics being written by David Gilmour and his wife, Polly Samson.

Gilmour said at the time: “The three of us went into Britannia Row studios, and improvised for two weeks. Playing together and starting from scratch was interesting and exciting, it kick started the album and the process was very good, it was collaborative and felt more cohesive.”

Bob Ezrin and Gilmour produced the original album, with orchestral arrangements by the late Michael Kamen. The anniversary box set discs have been remastered by long term Pink Floyd audio associates James Guthrie and Joel Plante.

Track listing:
Cluster One
What Do You Want From Me
Poles Apart
Marooned
A Great day For Freedom
Wearing The Inside Out
Take It Back
Coming Back To Life
Keep Talking
Lost For Words
High Hopes
Contents:
Disc 1 – LP
Original album, remastered for vinyl in 2014 from the original analogue masters. Includes full-length tracks across 2-LP’s for the first time.

Disc 2 – Blu-Ray (all previously unreleased)
- 2014 Marooned video – directed by Aubrey Powell with stereo and 5.1 audio soundtracks
- 5.1 audio mix of ‘The Division Bell’ by Andy Jackson in 96khz/ 24-bit
- HD audio stereo mix of ‘The Division Bell’ by James Guthrie 96khz/ 24-bit

Disc 3 – Red vinyl 7” single Take It Back (edit) / Astronomy Domine (live)
Replica 7” red vinyl in picture sleeve

Disc 4 – Clear vinyl 7” single High Hopes (edit) / Keep Talking (edit)
Replica 7” clear vinyl in picture sleeve plus poster bag

Disc 5 – Blue Vinyl 12” single High Hopes / Keep Talking / One Of These Days (live)
Replica 12” blue vinyl, laser etched design on reverse, picture sleeve. Includes 7 collectible film cards in a wallet

Disc 6 – CD Album
2011 Discovery version of ‘The Division Bell’ in a new dedicated wallet

Plus:
5 x 26cm x 26 cm art prints designed by Hipgnosis/StormStudios

Looks like the cheapest we can get the 5.1 mix is on DVD, with a t-shirt, coasters (of course) and 2 LPs in the "Deluxe LP Bundle"! No word on codec on the DVD, though.

That's 49 Pounds, which I'm pretty sure will drop a bit. If the DVD is at least DTS, I might just go for that one (I just don't have money and room for a big box just to get some more resolution).

Apart from the price, I'm only a little bit disappointed as there are no demos, outtakes or the already released videos in high definition.
But man, I'm really surprised and happy to have it in 5.1!!!

Apart from the price, I'm only a little bit disappointed as there are no demos, outtakes or the already released videos in high definition.
But man, I'm really surprised and happy to have it in 5.1!!!

Happy too, but I'd be even happier if they did Meddle, Animals and The Wall first!

Back