Pink Floyd - Division Bell announcement 5.1 ? Possible release ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that if it weren't for you guys talking up the new releases, I'd not be broke, and I would only be buying used stuff I already know.

EDIT: This is where I say Thanks!

(y)

Thankfully there's a lot of people here who know what they're talking about so we get steered towards so much great stuff.. and surround music's on a roll at the moment (Bob Marley, more Tull, Quadrophenia in full.. what a year!) so there's seemingly more than there has been for a while.

We're all lightening our wallets together! Still, it's less painful if you liken it to something more essential/important in life.. like having a car and not putting gas in it once you've run empty.. you buy a surround system, you gotta have something new to play on it! :D

My forum policy is not to advertise at all. However, fully support anything surround, like the Surround Master, Quadio, Audio Fidelity, QuadroSurround, Burning Shed, and anyone who has surround music to promote. All free and clear, no strings attach-ed.

It's much better for me this way. Someday, when I turn this forum over to others, or close it, the next guy may do advertising and IMHO that would ruin the place, but then again, it won't be my problem.

Until then..........................

My forum policy is not to advertise at all. However, fully support anything surround, like the Surround Master, Quadio, Audio Fidelity, QuadroSurround, Burning Shed, and anyone who has surround music to promote. All free and clear, no strings attach-ed.

It's much better for me this way. Someday, when I turn this forum over to others, or close it, the next guy may do advertising and IMHO that would ruin the place, but then again, it won't be my problem.

Until then..........................

It can be done with advertising, BUT it's not easy. It usually ends up in the forum limiting members from mentioning any business that isn't a forum sponsor. Since a lot of people can benefit from the "free" advice of others it usually kills that aspect of forum life. If you can sustain operations without the aid of sponsors you are in a much better position.

The US PF site changed today to allow a order for $11.24 - was previously 'add to wish list'
http://shop.pinkfloyd.com/the-division-bell-5-1-mix-dvd.html
So, back in stock?
I ordered one.

vinylguy4

I had been waiting weeks for mine to ship, and when I saw this, I contacted the PF Store yesterday to tell them I either wanted my disc at that price, or they could cancel my order. They responded today with something to the effect of "Discounted price??? Where did you see that?" I replied that I had seen the change and others had actually been able to order it at that price. They replied that "it appears to have been a one day flash sale."

I told them to cancel my order. If the disc had been in stock or if I had received it since I ordered it weeks ago, I wouldn't have minded paying a little more for it. As it went down though, it felt like I was getting jerked around.

My forum policy ... Someday, when I turn this forum over to others, or close it, the next guy may do advertising and IMHO that would ruin the place...

Please don't close it Jon! Nothing could ever fill the void. It's a perfect resource for surround enthusiasts (and addicts like me)

I really appreciate 'no advertising'. There are other sites I visit where most/all pages are filled with adverts. More ads than content. Drives me nuts.

I'm only relatively new here, is there an occasional fund raiser to help out?

EEEK!!! I only meant to maybe help with the bills, not to change how things work. And also to get more first hand info from the music makers themselves. I am glad my comment got some discussion going, but not to the point of upsetting anyone. I apologise for any upset I may have caused.

EEEK!!! I only meant to maybe help with the bills, not to change how things work. And also to get more first hand info from the music makers themselves. I am glad my comment got some discussion going, but not to the point of upsetting anyone. I apologise for any upset I may have caused.

I know exactly how you feel. When I was thirteen I accidentally stepped on a crack in the sidewalk and someone broke their back. I was never convicted of this crime but I still feel guilty. I mean everybody knows that old saying, "step on a crack and break a back".

Relax everyone. No one is getting upset or going anywhere. You guys (and gals) are too cool to abandon!

Now, back to the topic........

I know that if it weren't for you guys talking up the new releases, I'd not be broke, and I would only be buying used stuff I already know.

EDIT: This is where I say Thanks!

MT Wallet.jpg

Please don't close it Jon! Nothing could ever fill the void. It's a perfect resource for surround enthusiasts (and addicts like me)

I really appreciate 'no advertising'. There are other sites I visit where most/all pages are filled with adverts. More ads than content. Drives me nuts.

I'm only relatively new here, is there an occasional fund raiser to help out?

Agreed. I'll donate in a heartbeat.

Back on topic... I found it funny to see the commotion among us about a 3-dollar price drop for the DVD. I really think it's a steal either at 15 or 12 bucks. Obviously, this item is drifting in and out of availability anyway. I don't think there's anybody at the PF store making any informed decisions about this DVD.

The packaging rather suggests that they printed a bunch of these DVDs at the beginning when they were planning to include it in a stripped-down version of the box (remember when they had vinyl+DVD packages at the beginning?) and now they're selling those DVDs.

Here's what I think is happening at the PF Store's office:

"Hey Jeff, I found a few more of those Division Bell DVDs in the storage room!"

"Ah cool. Let's put them in the store! I'm updating it. Oh hey, did you notice the price changed?"

"What price?"

"For the DVD."

"Like, in the store?"

"Yeah it changed. I think it was like 20 and now it's around 12."

"Weird. I'll ask Hannah about this when she's back from lunch. By the way, I'm getting Pad Thai. Want some?"

"Sure."

*2 days later*

"Hey Jeff, did you ask Hannah about that price drop?"

"What price drop?"

"For the DVD"

"What DVD?"

"That Division Bell thing... Whoa dude! Look! I beat my record at Solitaire!"

And all the while, we're here freaking out about it. ;-)

Agreed. I'll donate in a heartbeat.

Back on topic... I found it funny to see the commotion among us about a 3-dollar price drop for the DVD. I really think it's a steal either at 15 or 12 bucks.

Bonjour mon ami, como ca va? :)

Nobody seems to understand all the price "adjustments" like Amazon has but.... yes, nobody should have their panties in a bunch over three dollars difference.
I thought it was odd that the product was only available at first for $30 US from the UK store, then later it was sold on the PF US store for half the price. That is a big difference.

But... it is wonderful to have TDB in the glorious mix that was made, regardless(y)

Here's what I think is happening at the PF Store's office:

"Hey Jeff, I found a few more of those Division Bell DVDs in the storage room!"

"Ah cool. Let's put them in the store! I'm updating it. Oh hey, did you notice the price changed?"

"What price?"

"For the DVD."

"Like, in the store?"

"Yeah it changed. I think it was like 20 and now it's around 12."

"Weird. I'll ask Hannah about this when she's back from lunch. By the way, I'm getting Pad Thai. Want some?"

"Sure."

*2 days later*

"Hey Jeff, did you ask Hannah about that price drop?"

"What price drop?"

"For the DVD"

"What DVD?"

"That Division Bell thing... Whoa dude! Look! I beat my record at Solitaire!"

And all the while, we're here freaking out about it. ;-)[/QUOTE]

And here is what happened on the other end when the Pink Floyd Store contacted Warner Music about getting more copies:

"Hey Bill, there is some music nerd at the PFS requesting more Division Bell DVD's due to the high demand."

THE BIG BOSS
" Why can't they just be happy they even have a job. They are just supposed to answer the phone and fill orders of the products we send them. Next thing you know they will want us to break up those overpriced box sets just for the blu ray. How in the world am I going to get that new Aston Martin by selling these cheapo DVD's. Just tell them to reduce the price on the DVDs and get rid of them, and change the phone number here so we don't get any more calls. Tell that idiot secretary that my Perrier water must be chilled to 42 degrees or she is fired."

I tried playing the DVD in a Pioneer Elite and both times I tried it says "Loading" then says "No Disc". I've never had this happen with any disc before. At least it plays in the Panasonic, but that machine is a bit less of a machine than the Pioneer for sound quality. Tempted to buy the box set to get the Blu-ray. I'll see if a used one shows up at FYE.

Well I just got a shipping notice for my DVD order so I guess they really did have some more at some point. With so many people chiming in that the mix really improves the album I'm looking forward to getting mine and hearing for myself.

I just got an email saying it's on back order and they expect to have more back in stock within the next 30 days.

The link on the brain damage site (http://euroshop.pinkfloyd.com/en/browse-by-album/division-bell-20th-anniversary.html) for the DVD only just shows the vinyl and the large box set. I've asked the shop owners what's going on but to no avail. Being on back order might explain why they would remove the link rather than keep getting more and more orders.
I did at one stage fill in the required details to get a copy but I thought £4 for postage was a bit rich in these days of free P&P on amazon so I didn't commit.
Ho-hum

The link on the brain damage site (http://euroshop.pinkfloyd.com/en/browse-by-album/division-bell-20th-anniversary.html) for the DVD only just shows the vinyl and the large box set. I've asked the shop owners what's going on but to no avail. Being on back order might explain why they would remove the link rather than keep getting more and more orders.
I did at one stage fill in the required details to get a copy but I thought £4 for postage was a bit rich in these days of free P&P on amazon so I didn't commit.
Ho-hum
I've only ever seen it via the US link http://shop.pinkfloyd.com/the-division-bell-5-1-mix-dvd.html and that's where I ordered from at the $11.24 +$6.99 p+p

I also just received a shipping notice email so It seems I will have one on the way. So the order confirmation is not enough, you need to receive this additional email to know one is actually on the way to you...

Back