New Crosby Stills Nash & Young Live 1974 Box with Blu-Ray......

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be surprising if a live performance was not released in surround, so hopefully that will be the case. Yes, this is a live one I'd really enjoy having. So will be very interested in the pre-order next week. Hopefully they will spell out and clarify if it is to be released in surround. If it's stereo only, thanks but no thanks!

From what i've read from Thrashers Wheat it looks like Archives 2'll be out next year.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...tter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

Seems they will be issuing different formats like Blu-ray Stand alone

Even tho it mentions having the multi tracks.........I do not see a mention of 5.1 anywhere

Thanks for the info, Snood :)

It appears it'll be a 2-disc pack w/Blu-ray Audio of the 3 CDs in 192/24 2.0 and the filmed footage on DVD.. but you never know, there may be some 5.1 on it.. if only the unreleased 5.1 mix of CSN&Y's Déjà Vu album that was produced for DVD-A 10 years ago (but got shelved like so many others from that time) made it into this set in some form but still.. either way, this marks Warner's first release containing a "Blu-ray Pure Audio" disc, so I'm hopeful more will follow on HFPA/BD-A from Warners -- and fingers crossed in 5.1.. Bring it on!! (y)

No 5.1 sorry all 2 channel.
Read that some time back.
I was mystifried why the BD set had a DVD.
Apparently there must be something to an audio blu-ray being audio only and nothing but audio.
Seems weird.

No 5.1 sorry all 2 channel.
Read that some time back.
I was mystifried why the BD set had a DVD.
Apparently there must be something to an audio blu-ray being audio only and nothing but audio.
Seems weird.

Thanks for the info milt :)

its a shame there's no 5.1 but at least its getting Hi-Res and pretty lavish treatment (with the box set in particular).. it is a bit daft but the Blu-ray Pure Audio's unfortunately don't follow on from DVD-Audio which could and did have video content.. ah well!

I changed my order to just the CD&DVD version. If the BluRay had 5.1 mixes I would have got that. At least I can play the CDs in the car. The big incentive for me to buy any music on BluRay is not just high res audio. I prefer the 5.1 mixes such as what Steven Wilson has been so successful in producing.

since i lost my head there for a moment and forgot this wasn't multi channel...PL II does such a great job!..i'll post my thoughts here...

first off...this isn't a super sonic marvel..like Elton for instance...but it is flat out awesome...an emotionally vested cool slice of some of 'our' history.

but emotions aside...watched the DVD first...PL II mode..faux surround is quite good. while PQ is pretty terrible..still freaking AMAZING footage...and not too shabby AQ..warm and clean. so far...$34 very well spent!

BDA...for me i had to bypass audyssey and turn dB way down on center channel...using direct mode and PL II....Love The One You're With started things off a bit muddy with a narrow soundstage. Wooden Ships follows...and is awesome...except for a couple little microphone squeals...Helpless is just outstanding!...and doesn't let up from there... not an issue for me..just pointing out..a slight bit of tape noise on Pushed It Over The End. Ohio ends it on an exceptional high note! sooooooo soooo good!

these are just my initial impressions and not being an expert on how to describe these audiophile technical things...just general observations to the best of my ability... overall nice warm clean clear..ranges from very good to excellent AQ..no harshness or brightness. 5 or 6 tracks are a little bass heavy or slightly too much reverb...i can't blame my system as every song isn't this way. other than that..loudness EQ is pretty consistent. very minimal audience noise during most songs. won't compare to other artists/discs..this seems like simply a great cohesive live 1974 CSNY time capsule...imho many tracks are outstanding with very few warts. i LOVE it!!

booklet is also very cool..killer photos..great quality package. tho wish it was a large book like Aqualung...but hey..it was an inexpensive purchase...

Hi folks - I was on the fence on this one mainly due to price. However, just found it on bullmoose.com for $35 with free shipping for the Blu Ray/DVD, if anyone else is interested...

I bought Quadrophenia and Fillmore East from them because Amazon wasn't budging on price. Are you sure that's not the CD/DVD version?

From QQ deep space

That's terrific; oddly their search is off as the CDs/DVD version is not found but then visible in sidebar. They also show a Blu Ray only for $49.97? In any event, it is a great item to have even at $54.

From QQ deep space

Back