Jeff Beck Blow by Blow 5.1 SACD! From Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well. Show's how much I'm out of the loop!
Somehow I never got the US SACD, so this will be cool. I do like that album.

Oh well. Show's how much I'm out of the loop!
Somehow I never got the US SACD, so this will be cool. I do like that album.
And it's the original quad mix with a barely audible center. SWEET!!!

Now if Marshall could only release "Wired" my prayers would be answered!!!

Got this about a month ago. The quad mix is the same as the previous sacd. Excellent price considering what is being asked for the original sacd. Buy soon,as it is a limited edition. I am sure once the supply is gone, the sky is the limit. As a note, the packaging is a mini lp format, not the usual jewel case. I like it alot.

Got this about a month ago. The quad mix is the same as the previous sacd. Excellent price considering what is being asked for the original sacd. Buy soon,as it is a limited edition. I am sure once the supply is gone, the sky is the limit. As a note, the packaging is a mini lp format, not the usual jewel case. I like it alot.

Yes, same as the Quad Mix and the earlier 5.1 SACD release. The big difference here, in addition to being a Hybrid SACD this time (vs. an SACD only Single Layer Multichannel SACD) is the special anniversary edition packaging and goodies.
Fun!

Damn U JON!!!!! More Money out of me pocket!!!! :51banana:

Um Thanks:rolleyes:

Evidently they know they have a good thing at $50.00 plus post for one disc, I paid $20.00 for my sacd copy.

I have the Sony Epic stereo/5.1 super audio from 2001. it is awesome.it is only for sacd players not a hybrid.

Mine's a Hybrid from 2003. Is this the same mix as 2001? (I presume so). Great disk of a brilliant album. Just wish they had done Wired as SACD.

Mine's a Hybrid from 2003. Is this the same mix as 2001? (I presume so). Great disk of a brilliant album. Just wish they had done Wired as SACD.

I would bet the 2003 hybrid is the same mix as my 2001 sa cd only.

Yes, same mix as the earlier SACDs. On Wired, well you could always mention it to Marshall over at Audio Fidelity.....

Finally got around to checking this out. First off, THE PACKAGING IS SWEET!!!! :yikes

A must have for quadraphonic collectors. The disc is in a 7" jacket, larger than the US SACD, and inside is an homage to the original quadraphonic SQ LP!. The original label is used for the inner sleeve, and the CD has an EPIC QUADRAPHONIC label, and is placed on a round black carrier to make it look a little like a record! Very cool.

Check it out!

NOTE TO SONY: We want more like this! :)

Attachments

• Blow by Blow jackets Sm.jpg
    Blow by Blow jackets Sm.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Blow by Blow SACD in sleeve.jpg
    Blow by Blow SACD in sleeve.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 299
  • Blow by Blow SACD disc.jpg
    Blow by Blow SACD disc.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 315
God dammit, I just ordered this too....Thanks Jon.....I guess.
Thought about it for a while. Its inevitable this is going to disappear and then when Fredblue posts about it, the price will triple. The packaging looks great.
What an expensive year 2014 is turning out to be or us.

I just passed 1000 and turned into a shooting star! Kinda like when your car odometer passes 100,000 and you realize you're a loser for still driving it... :)

I just passed 1000 and turned into a shooting star! Kinda like when your car odometer passes 100,000 and you realize you're a loser for still driving it... :)

Or maybe like that Lay's Potato Chip ad. You can't eat just one.... :)

Jon; Thanks for the pictures. I LOVE the extra large paper case. I see no reason why all 5.1 & 2.0 packaging/releases can't be bigger.

Is there only just one old 4.0 quad mix on all the Blow By Blow releases? Or is there a modern 5.1 remix as well? My favorite Beck record, by far.

Jon; Thanks for the pictures. I LOVE the extra large paper case. I see no reason why all 5.1 & 2.0 packaging/releases can't be bigger.

Is there only just one old 4.0 quad mix on all the Blow By Blow releases? Or is there a modern 5.1 remix as well? My favorite Beck record, by far.

It's one of the SACDs that Sony Music created from the 4.0 Quad Mixes. Same mix as the original Multichannel SACD released in the U.S. market - but now it is a Hybrid SACD disc.

Back