Jethro Tull - Passion Play (2cd/2DVD) PREORDER

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess i made a good move on the preorder weeks ago amazon $28 delivered...unless price drops lower looks to be right in line with Bull Moose. thanks everyone for the tips!

Excellent music, excellent sound, excellent SW mix, excellent package, not much else to say after just one listen. It DOES look wonderful stood next to Thick as a Brick, as we knew it would :). The Chateau disc makes an excellent album, in its renewed, reordered and extended form.

:banana::banana::banana:

This morning I woke up and listened to the new stereo mix on Spotify as I awaited the arrival of my copy later in the day.
While listening this morning, I became very worried as the streaming version completely skipped over track 3 "Re-Assuring Tune", which was nowhere to be found.
I thought the CD and DVD versions might suffer from the same problem, but thankfully both versions contain the full album with no missing tracks. :chill

Even if a poll is put up this week, I will wait and vote next week when I can listen on my proper system at my apt.
So far I'm leaning towards a '9', and I haven't even touched the 'Chateau' 5.1 disc.

This 5.1 mix is definitely the best presentation of the album I have ever heard, and it stands up nicely with "Thick as a Brick" as the best Tull 5.1 mixes.

Now for a gripe…
Here's another example of a waste of space on this disc. They still choose to go with DVD-V even though there really isn't much video content AT ALL during the actual audio mixes. It still infuriates me that they can't just make it DVD-A/V and please EVERYONE.
Alas I don't see this changing anytime soon unless they jump back on the Blu-Ray bandwagon.

One thing that isn't a waste of space on the disc are the tour films. The "Hare" film has never looked better to my eyes.

A full proper review of the mix will come once I listen on my proper system, but for now I will leave you with just two more words: "STEVE! CAROLINE!" ;)

Mine came in yesterday (along With Bob Marley Legend blu-ray pure audio and Pink Floyd Division Bell boxset) and just had my 1st run through of the DTS 96/24 and this is an easy 10 for me! I have always loved this album along with TaaB and the Steven Wilson mix sounds (as if a this point there was any doubt) FANtastic! Listening to the Chateau DTD 96/24 (of which I only recently heard for the 1st time a few months ago via mp3 so not that familiar with this one) but like what I have heard so far and as has been noted Skating Away sounds great so bring on Warchild. Would also love to see a deluxe album size book in 5.1 of Living in the Past done like Ian's Homo Eraticus, that I would pay a premium for!

APP - Will not file under Jethro Tull. Will file with the best in 5.1. :cool:

two threads make me repeat;
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ro-Tull-A-Passion-Play-Pre-order-Burning-Shed
APP deluxe - a quick review:

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL APP in all forms. Phenomenal 5.1
The Foot Of Our Stairs with 2 extra verses found on the end of the multi-track reel that have been added back in is quite jarring after all these years. ...trying to decipher what's going on with the bomb in his pocket.
The bonus material on CD is all very natural since the echo that is on Nightcap is gone from the stereo version. The album in 5.1 is phenomenal to say the least. Château d'Hérouville Sessions material in 5.1 is a joy to me, too. Impressive is Steven Wilson's new stereo mix. All sound great including the original mix flat transfer of the album. A WINNER!

I got mine in the mail today (July 3). Unfortunately the wife has a splitting headache and I doubt I will get to hear it tonight. Oh well.

Back