Free Multichannel DSD Downloads from NativeDSD.Com and Just Listen !

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
In celebration of their expansion from single rate DSD (DSD64, SACD resolution) music downloads to offering double rate DSD (DSD128, 2x SACD resolution) and quad rate DSD (DSD256, 4x SACD resolution) music downloads as well, the NativeDSD.Com web site has launched a new section called "Just Listen". It is currently in the final stages of testing but worth checking out.

Just Listen Sampler # 1 offers 8 tracks, 3 of which are available in 5 Channel Multichannel as well as Stereo. One of these was natively recorded at DSD64 - and is also available upsampled to DSD128 and DSD256 to show how upsampling affects the music. But the other 2 tracks are recorded and available in 5 Channel Multichannel Sound at DSD256 resolution - 4x the SACD resolution level as well as downsampled to DSD64 and DSD128 for fans that don't have DSD256 playback capabilities. Very nice!

The Stereo Downloads are shown on the left side of the screen and the Multichannel Downloads are shown on the right side of the screen.

Drop by Just Listen if you own an Oppo 103/105 player (it can handle the DSD64 files) or an exaSound e28 DAC (it can play everything on the list at all resolutions, including 5 Channel, Quad Rate DSD256). You'll need to create an account (free) and sign in before you can download the files of your choice.

A lot of fun for music fans. Enjoy!

Just Listen 1.png
https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/albums/just-listen-1-compilation

I downloaded
'justlisten-JL001-JL001+multi-05_Mahler1_finale_session_BFO_DSD128_5.0_5ch128.dsf' and am playing it right now.

There's some pretty good bass right at the end.

I'm downloading another selection now. Takes an hour with my slow connection to get 1GB.

I downloaded
'justlisten-JL001-JL001+multi-05_Mahler1_finale_session_BFO_DSD128_5.0_5ch128.dsf' and am playing it right now.

There's some pretty good bass right at the end.

I'm downloading another selection now. Takes an hour with my slow connection to get 1GB.

If you get a chance, try the Multichannel DSD64 on the Mahler 1. I liked that version better than the ones upsampled to DSD128 and DSD256.
The Mahler 1 Finale has quite a dramatic finish. Nice!

On the other hand, I preferred the two Classical Guitar sample tracks at the native recording resolution in Multichannel DSD256 vs. the downsampled versions at DSD64 and DSD128.
The Multichannel versions there definitely give you the sense of being in the hall, at the performance.

Back