Chad Kassem Announces Multichannel DSD Downloads & Carnegie Hall 3 Channel SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Some big news from Chad Kassem at Acoustic Sounds and Super HiRez during The Show in Newport Beach:
  • Super HiRez Multichannel Downloads are Starting Soon, First Up will be Vanguard Classics (Surround Sound) & Mercury Living Presence (3 Channel Stereo)
  • Belafonte at Carnegie Hall in 3 Channel SACD
  • Tony Bennett at Carnegie Hall in 3 Channel SACD
  • New Stereo DSD Downloads from Universal Music Vaults
  • More Agreements with Record Labels for DSD Downloads Coming

Looking forward to seeing - and hearing - these !

Tony Bennett at Carnegie Hall - 325w.jpg
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue73/kassem_hirez.htm

Excellent news! I'd been hoping that we'd see the Belafonte released in 3-channel someday, but dismissed it as a pipe dream.

Excellent news! I'd been hoping that we'd see the Belafonte released in 3-channel someday, but dismissed it as a pipe dream.

They have received requests for a remastered Belafonte at Carnegie Hall over the years. Nice to see it coming to pass as a 3 Channel Stereo SACD.
It's also worth noting that the Analogue Productions 3 Channel Stereo SACD will include all 19 songs from the concert. (The earlier SACD from RCA Hong Kong omitted a few songs.)

And the Tony Bennett at Carnegie Hall in 3 Channel SACD Stereo is a bonus!

Many albums from the early 60's were recorded in three channel. These albums were released in stereo and mono formats. The first few Beatles albums were recorded this way, as were Mercury Living Presence and RCA Living Stereo titles.

Many albums from the early 60's were recorded in three channel. These albums were released in stereo and mono formats. The first few Beatles albums were recorded this way, as were Mercury Living Presence and RCA Living Stereo titles.

Right. Using the SACD Multichannel Tracks for 3 Channel SACD allows you to hear, for the first time, how the recordings sounded in the studio. Some of the 3 Channel SACDs so far, like the ones by The Weavers, Nat King Cole, Ray Charles and Sam Cook are very effective! Worth a listen.

the beatles only used 3 channel on the hollywood bowl..as it was recorded by capitol. their first 2 lps were twin track and after that they had Studer 4 tracks right up until the white album where they also used 8 tracks

Seems odd how they show In Concert as being a single SACD. According to wikipedia the playing time of that album is 81:29, so for it to be a hybrid they'd have to shorten the playing time of the CD layer.

Seems odd how they show In Concert as being a single SACD. According to wikipedia the playing time of that album is 81:29, so for it to be a hybrid they'd have to shorten the playing time of the CD layer.

I checked with Acoustic Sounds and you are correct. It will be a 2-SACD set due to the length of the 18 tracks. They will update the listing and SACD price today.

An update on these. Acoustic Sounds is now showing the 3-Channel Stereo Multichannel SACDs of Belafonte Live at Carnegie Hall and Tony Bennett Live at Carnegie Hall becoming available on March 3, 2015.
Along with 2 Stereo SACDs from Peter, Paul & Mary. Looking forward to these !

View attachment 16912

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/9...nte_At_Carnegie_Hall-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/9...ett_At_Carnegie_Hall-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

These SACDs have been bumped to March 24, 2015 for release according to the Acoustic Sounds web site.

Since you are here ..have you heard anything about the sound quality of this release

I haven't other than Analogue Productions created the Multichannel SACD of "Tony Bennett: Live at Carnegie Hall" from the 3-Channel Analog Master Tapes. I have it on pre-order already from Acoustic Sounds.
Looking forward to hearing it in 3-Channel Stereo SACD !

I haven't other than Analogue Productions created the Multichannel SACD of "Tony Bennett: Live at Carnegie Hall" from the 3-Channel Analog Master Tapes. I have it on pre-order already from Acoustic Sounds.
Looking forward to hearing it in 3-Channel Stereo SACD !

After Nat King Cole I'm a believer in the 3 channel method...

Back