First 2 Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs Announced - Supersession and Breezin'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Musicdirect have just announced the following (MFSL) titles:

Carly Simon – Hotcakes
Carly Simon – Anticipation
Carly Simon – No Secrets
Carly Simon – Carly Simon
The Cars – The Cars
The Cars – Heartbeat City

So that (I guess) significantly reduces the chances of seeing the Carly Simon Quad mixes or The Cars (Self titled) being released by Audio Fidelity with Surround. :(

Thanks for the info. On one hand it's good to see more MCH coming but on the other, it would be better if we had something a bit fresher. (Although the Cars look interesting to me).

Mind you while they stick with SACD format they are targeting an older audience anyway. They need to put more new mixes on blu-ray to kick a new round of interest and find new fans. And alot of the seventies quad stuff is already unofficially released on bootleg DVDs too.

Carly Simon – Hotcakes
Carly Simon – No Secrets
The Cars – The Cars

So that (I guess) significantly reduces the chances of seeing the Carly Simon Quad mixes or The Cars (Self titled) being released by Audio Fidelity with Surround. :(

Correct.

One of the criteria Audio Fidelity - and the other reissues labels look at - when selecting albums to remaster for SACD (Stereo SACD & Multichannel SACD) is has it been recently reissued. If the answer is yes, they move on to other titles to consider.

Thanks for the info. On one hand it's good to see more MCH coming but on the other, it would be better if we had something a bit fresher. (Although the Cars look interesting to me).

Mind you while they stick with SACD format they are targeting an older audience anyway. They need to put more new mixes on blu-ray to kick a new round of interest and find new fans. And alot of the seventies quad stuff is already unofficially released on bootleg DVDs too.

These forthcoming SACDs are all Stereo only..

Seems a crying shame when there's said to be 5.1 mixes of several of those albums stagnating in Warner's vaults.

Carly Simon – Hotcakes
Carly Simon – No Secrets
The Cars – The Cars

I guess that's just what I needed.. NOT!!! :p

They need to put more new mixes on blu-ray to kick a new round of interest and find new fans.

That assumes that new fans want music on a spinning optical disc of any kind vs. say streaming services that one can subscribe to - or get for free....

Super Session by Al Kooper, Stephen Stills & Mike Bloomfield on Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD is on sale during December for $19.99 at Elusive Disc as part of their December sale.

afsam186.jpg

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Mike-Blo...lti-Channel-Stereo-SACD/productinfo/AFSAM186/

Michael Bernard Bloomfield (July 28, 1943 – February 15, 1981) was an American guitarist and composer, born in Chicago, Illinois, who became one of the first popular music superstars of the 1960s to earn his reputation almost entirely on his instrumental prowess. I hope everybody takes time out to listen to this guitarist who reshaped many. A very troubled person with insomnia. Too bad, modern day drugs could have really helped him. Get this 4 disc set for a true musical delight.

RIP Mike Bloomfield.
I was a fan from the time I read how he tore things up at Monterey Pop in '67.
These three albums were some of the first I bought, and wore out.

The SuperSession MC SACD was the second one I bought, after Spectrum.
Got a heads up on this forum about it being on sale for $10 when I first lurked here.
One of the gems of my collection.

71jS7L6ghwL._SL1500_.jpg

71TFIMhi18L._SL1089_.jpg

R-1872713-1311727105.jpeg.jpg

^
You are the 2nd person I ever knew in about 45-50 yrs who had the Electric Flag album. No joke. It's a fantastic album with serious blues & fusion influences, some blues, R&B, jazz influences, and a touch of garage band. Every song is really good. Bloomfield, Buddy Miles & a whole host of musicians, maybe even Al Kooper is there somewhere ;) I don't have the 3rd album you show - Kooper & Bloomfield. I'd love to see some label re-mix EF in surround to spread the instruments around but it is not well-known & wouldn't sell nearly as well as Super Session or the BS&T albums. Kooper was way ahead of his time; the 1st BS&T album, Child is Father to the Man, was ground-breaking and IMO makes the very famous 2nd one (minus Al) very sanitized & almost bubblegum-ish by comparison.

Do you have any Blues Project? I think that preceeds Electric Flag.

Last edited:
Back