JOSE FELICIANO SACD STEREO DISC PREORDERS...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why that one is hybrid and the PPM is single layer.

There's an eBay seller based in Japan that I've bought a few SHM-SACDs from in the past who has 4 copies of this SACD for sale (£25). I bought one from them last night.. bit pricey but I trust these guys and know I won't get whammed by customs for import duty.

The old BMG best of Feliciano CD I've had for many years sounds fantastic so I'm hopeful this new SACD will sound just as good, hopefully even better. Plus it has his rendition of "Daniel" on it.. can't get enough of that dreary old number in Hi-Res these days! :p

Here's another one coming soon. Track selection looks a bit weak. Looks like the Sherry album with 4 bonus tracks from singles.

Attachments

• FourSeasons_SACD.jpg
    FourSeasons_SACD.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 165
FOR F***ING HELL'S SAKE.. these are NOT the original recordings...

.. plus the sound is lousy.. bright, thin, digital.. YUCK :(

:howl :mad: :flame
Worse than a needle drop then. Well I'm not surprised at all.

Worse than a needle drop then. Well I'm not surprised at all.

Yeah.. if I'd known they were later re-recordings and not the original RCA recordings I'd never have bought it.. that they don't even sound that great is the final nail in the coffin for me. Others "M may V" and all that..

Disappointing news.

I wonder if Sony HK might take a try at the Feliciano catalog. They are issuing more SACDs these days. And they should have access to the original recordings.

Disappointing news.

I wonder if Sony HK might take a try at the Feliciano catalog. They are issuing more SACDs these days. And they should have access to the original recordings.

This Feliciano fiasco reminds me of that old John Denver SACD (not the Live one from Sony, that was good) from the German Delta label, full of inferior later re-recordings of John Denver's old hits. Only that one was slightly redeemed by having MultiChannel... :mad:@:

Back