Bob Dylan DSD Downloads on Super HiRez

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The Super HiRez web site expands its Stereo DSD Downloads today with a pair from Bob Dylan: The Free Wheelin' Bob Dylan and Another Side of Bob Dylan.

Freewheelin Bob Dylan.jpg
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98485/Bob_Dylan-The_Freewheelin_Bob_Dylan-DSD
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98484/Bob_Dylan-Another_Side_Of_Bob_Dylan-DSD

The price sure has gone up for those titles. I'd go with the MFSL versions on SACD. They sound better.

The price sure has gone up for those titles. I'd go with the MFSL versions on SACD. They sound better.

No, they're still $24.98 - the same as the Stereo DSD Downloads have been on Super HiRez since the start of the site last October.
The Mobile Fidelity SACD sells for $30.

Yes, but these are the Sony masters, not the MFSL masters. Big difference. These SACDs typically sold for around $11.99 apiece.

I compared the Sony Freewheelin to the MFSL Freewheelin and the difference is huge. Anyone would notice it.

Just ripping people off- if I want a download with nothing but air to back it up, I will go find it in the cloud. If I am to pay cash I want something I can sell later.

Just ripping people off- if I want a download with nothing but air to back it up, I will go find it in the cloud. If I am to pay cash I want something I can sell later.

Everyone has their preferences. The downloads certainly take up less space in the house. And some sound quite a bit better than the physical disc of the same title.

Yes, but these are the Sony masters, not the MFSL masters. Big difference. These SACDs typically sold for around $11.99 apiece.

I compared the Sony Freewheelin to the MFSL Freewheelin and the difference is huge. Anyone would notice it.

So you are saying the Freewheelin MoFi SACD is superior to the Sony SACD? The prices of these seem to be saying that.

The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan SACD-this is part of my Bob Dylan "experiment". I'm not really what you would call a Dylan fan but I love his hit songs. I'd be happy with a hi rez version of his Greatest Hits but the one available isn't really the "hits" I want. I do have a greatest hits CD, but the SQ is not good. I got the "cheapo" version(Columbia) of Freewheelin' just to see if I like the songs. If I do I will probably get the MoFi version which seems to be better. I recently purchased Blood on The Tracks, so I'm giving Bob a chance to win me over in hi rez:) if these work out I'll get fredblue's Slow Train Coming

You have to get the SACD of Slow Train Coming! It is Fantastico!! One of the best sounding discs I've ever heard. The surround mix is v.nice too.

Check out the Quad of his Desire album too, love it! (y)

The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan SACD-this is part of my Bob Dylan "experiment". I'm not really what you would call a Dylan fan but I love his hit songs. I'd be happy with a hi rez version of his Greatest Hits but the one available isn't really the "hits" I want.

The Sony Dylan SACDs are out of print. If you want some of these, better grab them when you see them as the prices will continue to climb.
Stereo DSD editions of these are now available on the Super HiRez downloads site for $24.98.

The Sony Dylan SACDs are out of print. If you want some of these, better grab them when you see them as the prices will continue to climb.
Stereo DSD editions of these are now available on the Super HiRez downloads site for $24.98.

They may be out of print but they are very accessible at reasonable prices; but finding the songs I want is a different matter. There evidently was a Volume 1 greatest hits on SACD at one time but I can't find it anywhere. Volume 2 has some good songs, but not the ones I really want.

The only reason to buy a Sony Bob Dylan SACD is for the multi-channel option that some of them have. Otherwise I'd go with the MFSL SACD.

....There evidently was a Volume 1 greatest hits on SACD at one time but I can't find it anywhere. Volume 2 has some good songs, but not the ones I really want.
No, that was a gold CD.

There's one maybe coming:
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/87802/Bob_Dylan-Bob_Dylans_Greatest_Hits-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD
The strange thing is I can't find it (only a vinyl) on Music Direct and they are the manufacturer, so I'm thinking it's been cancelled.

You have to get the SACD of Slow Train Coming! It is Fantastico!! One of the best sounding discs I've ever heard. The surround mix is v.nice too.

Check out the Quad of his Desire album too, love it! (y)

recorded at Muscle Shoals....that's enough to sell me right there!

Back