DVD/DTS Poll Pink Floyd - The Division Bell [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Pink Floyd - THE DIVISION BELL

• Total voters
Not my favourite Floyd album, but still one I like. I certainly wasn't going to pay for the box as I don't need the vinyl and don't think it is worth even more cash than the other Immersion box sets. However, it is a GREAT mix and the album has gone up in my estimation as a result of this disc. Maybe one day the mythical Animals quad mix could appear on a proper Immersion release.

I can't see any value in lowering the score of a title due to it's packaging; makes little sense to me. You are penalizing the artist for a marketing decision, usually made by someone other than the artist. In the case of the Division DVD it's really reaching to complain about something that was priced so cheaply. I don't want to hear that they could have been in a cheap jewel box, yada yada yada. If you put this thing in wad of toilet paper it still is a bargain.

+1 it's one thing to mention packaging in the review section but shouldn't be docked points in the poll numbers..imo..the poll should reflect the quality of the disc itself.

I can't see any value in lowering the score of a title due to it's packaging; makes little sense to me. You are penalizing the artist for a marketing decision, usually made by someone other than the artist. In the case of the Division DVD it's really reaching to complain about something that was priced so cheaply. I don't want to hear that they could have been in a cheap jewel box, yada yada yada. If you put this thing in wad of toilet paper it still is a bargain.

The low score was nothing to do with packaging, that was speculation before Halloway explained his reason for only giving it a seven.

The low score was nothing to do with packaging, that was speculation before Halloway explained his reason for only giving it a seven.

My post wasn't directed at Halloway; it was just a general statement based on other forum posts I have seen. I have seen some bizarre ratings on different polls on here that have nothing to do with the categories that are supposed to be used.

It WAS in stock a couple of days ago when I placed my order, and it was being offered for $11.24 plus shipping.

Well, if they run out of stock so quickly - and it's the second time - it means they have no clue on how much such a disc can sell.

Did anyone who ordered it this week actually get a shipping notice? I ordered this earlier in the month when they were taking orders, but they sent me a note about it being backordered and awaiting new stock. Of course, I haven't heard anything since and wonder if they really got more of them.

K

When I ordered this on july 23 I received an order confirmation email that appears to also be a shipping notice stating I paid for ground service 7-10 days. So I assume it is being sent. It'll arrive while I'm on vacation so any delay doesn't concern me, hopefully it will be waiting for me. I would be curious to know if those that already received theirs received a separate shipping email in addition to the order confirmation email.

Did anyone who ordered it this week actually get a shipping notice? I ordered this earlier in the month when they were taking orders, but they sent me a note about it being backordered and awaiting new stock. Of course, I haven't heard anything since and wonder if they really got more of them.

K

My first post on the forum...just got word that mine shipped so should have it soon. Looking very forward to this after all the raves here.

I ordered mine on July 10 and the e-mail they sent said it would be 7 to 10 business days, but I just got an e-mail that it has just shipped. Since I am not that familiar with Divison Bell, it was easier to be patient than it was for, say, Close To The Edge, but I am looking forward to hearing it.

I ordered on 7/23 and received the disk today 7/31. $11.24 + $2.99 shipping is a great price. I agree with all of what has been said already. Yes the packaging is minimal, but it did cost under $15. Yes the mix is great, and the fidelity is pretty good too. I happen to be a fan of the material as well and have had the CD since it first came out. I saw the Pulse tour in Toronto. Overall I have to give this a 9. The separation of the mix really highlights the input of Rick Wright. I may be in the minority in hardcore PF circles, but I also liked Momentary Lapse of Reason and wish it were given a similar treatment.

I ordered on 7/23 and received the disk today 7/31. $11.24 + $2.99 shipping is a great price. I agree with all of what has been said already. Yes the packaging is minimal, but it did cost under $15. Yes the mix is great, and the fidelity is pretty good too. I happen to be a fan of the material as well and have had the CD since it first came out. I saw the Pulse tour in Toronto. Overall I have to give this a 9. The separation of the mix really highlights the input of Rick Wright. I may be in the minority in hardcore PF circles, but I also liked Momentary Lapse of Reason and wish it were given a similar treatment.

I liked Momentary Lapse of Reason from Day 1 and as the years roll by my interest has grown and grown:wave

I liked Momentary Lapse of Reason from Day 1 and as the years roll by my interest has grown and grown:wave

You're not alone, I remember vividly the Christmas when, after going to the cinema and watching Dancing with Wolves, I bought A momentary lapse of reason on cassette. I listened to it in bed, in the darkness, nice memories!
Have to admit that I can't stand A new machine and usually press the next button at the beginning of Dogs of War and One Slip :(

You're not alone, I remember vividly the Christmas when, after going to the cinema and watching Dancing with Wolves, I bought A momentary lapse of reason on cassette. I listened to it in bed, in the darkness, nice memories!
Have to admit that I can't stand A new machine and usually press the next button at the beginning of Dogs of War and One Slip :(

oh man...Dogs of War is a major highlight for me! A New Machine is ok..but love the whole album and not compelled to skip any...would be quite special in 5.1!

A strong 9 - weak 10... finally 10 for me!! I can put this in the same level as Avalon (Roxy Music) and Sea Change (Beck). Tempted to give it a 9 for the packaging but I know we're talking about music, mix, fidelity, etc. One of my fave Pink Floyd albums I'm really delighted.

If the single bluray version sees the light of day at some point I'll grab it! =)

What's wrong with One Slip? It's what I named my first boat. My wife at the time begged me to buy it. After a few years she was tired of it but I loved it. One day she was talking about how our relationship was so perfect except for the boat. It was the one thorn in her side. Her one slip up.

HPIM0284.jpg

What's wrong with One Slip? It's what I named my first boat. My wife at the time begged me to buy it. After a few years she was tired of it but I loved it. One day she was talking about how our relationship was so perfect except for the boat. It was the one thorn in her side. Her one slip up.

View attachment 15151

Same as your wife with the boat, I got tired of the song ;)
It happens the same to me with Take it Back and Take a Breath. They are different songs of course but I don't think they fit in the overall mood of their respective albums

Back