DVD/DTS Poll Pink Floyd - The Division Bell [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Pink Floyd - THE DIVISION BELL

• Total voters
Agreed. I've owned the CD since it was released so I'm very familiar with the cover art, credits, etc. And since I paid less than $12 USD for this, I didn't expect marbles and a scarf. Just as you say, for this price I'm just looking for a quality disc, which this certainly is. And I didn't consider the packaging when I gave my rating.

I simply switched the disc into my DB CD case, filed it in my surround section, stuck the CD in the cardboard case and tossed it into my WYWH immersion box like I did after switcherooing the the WYWH blu-ray. :sun

My only gripe is that the surrounds are a little too pronounced at the expense of the vocals on Keep Talking.
This is something I noticed too. This disc seems authored in a (what I call) THX mode. Meaning that the rears are 3 dB too loud. Try with them turned down 3 dB.
P.S. on my AVR I have a setting THX (music) that does exactly that.

An absolute, clear 10 for me. I like the album. LOVE High Hopes. Love this mix. And love that PF put it out as a stand-alone DVD. I'm glad the packaging is minimal. I'll suck up individual discs under $20 every time.
Deluxe sets full of mixes I don't want price me out of many purchases.

Finally, finally got a copy-whew !

and it's an actual QUADRAPHONIC mix, as Andy Jackson stated ! Whoopie !!

94 recording, which never really tickled my fancy back then, But now.....a visionary mix, most enjoyable !

Worth an eight , but because of this stellar quad mix----she get's a TEN .:smokin

Finally, finally got a copy-whew !

and it's an actual QUADRAPHONIC mix, as Andy Jackson stated ! Whoopie !!

94 recording, which never really tickled my fancy back then, But now.....a visionary mix, most enjoyable !

Worth an eight , but because of this stellar quad mix----she get's a TEN .:smokin

It's still technically a 5.1 mix cause of the reverb in the center channel and the occasional LFE content, but yes, it is mostly 4.0 (Although Andy has since evolved on his surround mixing stances and uses most channels equally now.)

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the Blu Ray for this title.

Is a solid 10 for me (im talking about the Blu Ray on the 20th anniversary Box Set). 10 for Sonics (the clarity and definition of sound is incredible), 10 for Surround, 10 for content (come on, just having the pleasure to listen to "High Hopes", "Marooned" and "A Great Day for Freedom" in surround, is heaven on earth) and 10 for the package (beautiful pictures and images, and at least it does not include marbles or scarfs :mad:@::mad:@:).

I would recommend anyone to get a copy if you can.

Back